Chapter Forty-Seven: Fox Among the Greens

"Slow down or you'll hurt yourself" Devon scolded, holding tight to the leash. It was attached to the pretty pink, sparkly collar around Jesse's throat, the material pulled taught as they tried to race ahead. The fox whined, tugging at his neck before becoming distracted by the swaying tail behind them and turned to grab it. 

"I know you're impatient, Pet, but just wait a little longer". 

The two had finished breakfast before getting Jesse ready for their day of Petplay, ears and tail put in place just as they set out for a walk. It never took the submissive long to fall into petspace, especially in such a well-suited environment for their animal. Not fifteen minutes into the treeline, he had stopped talking altogether and resorted to little yips, growls or whines to communicate their needs. 

After checking his watch and deciding it was time to start heading back to camp, Devon let out a sharp whistle that the fox immediately listened to, coming back over from the tree they were rubbing against. 

"We're going to head back now, but no pulling, okay? Otherwise, you don't get to play with the toys". 

With a cute yip of agreement from Jesse, he signalled for them to start walking ahead via a click of his fingers, watching carefully to make sure the fox didn't get too excited and trip. With so many tree roots hidden by moss and foliage, the last thing anyone wanted was for one of them to fall and potentially hit their head on a rock or tree trunk. 

The closest hospital was an hour and a half away, after all, even longer since they would need to hike back down towards the car.

As they neared the campsite, excited whispering could be heard from the two lovers left behind. A smile tugged at Devon's lips as Jesse started walking faster, gait trying to turn into a jog that he allowed, matching the pace himself as the submissive's excitement increased. 

"You're back!" Briar beamed, smiling widely with a hand on his hip, the other wiping his brow free of moisture. Frantic whines had the three lovers laughing, Devon chuckling lowly as he gripped the clip of the leash. 

The moment it was released, Jesse raced forward and barrelled into the two tall men, rubbing his cheeks against their arms, stomachs- anywhere he could reach, with excited yips and playful growls. 

"Ew, don't lick me!" the long-haired man giggled, holding Jesse back by their shoulders as they attempted to smother his arms in saliva. They two continued teasing each other, Briar tugging lightly on their fox ears then running away and the other submissive chased after him. 

"Did you have a good walk, babe?" Quinn asked, throwing an arm around Devon's shoulders and turning his head down for a sweet kiss. He husband smelled like biodegradable soap, faint sweat and a scent that was uniquely 'Quinn'. Needing a little more of that intoxicating concoction, the more dominant lover held his husband in place, prying those gorgeous lips open for a slow, brief taste before retreating.  

"It was good, calming, although Jesse keeps trying to eat the moss and wild mushrooms. How about you and Pancake?". 

"One day, I fear, he's going to find something to eat that'll kill him" the golden-eyed man sighed, shaking his head at their fiancé's urge to fill his stomach with anything and everything, and was going to say more when he was interrupted by high-pitched cackling from the two rolling around in the grass. Devon was about to tell them to calm it down when his husband thundered towards them, presumably for a telling-off. Only, when the two troublemakers began to run away, he tackled them both to the ground and started the loudest tickle-war ever created. 

The large man smothered Briar against the ground as they wriggled and begged to get free, Jesse clinging on his back and nibbling on his ear tip, tugging the flesh with enough of a sharp nip the man reached around to tug the fox to the ground where they wrestled roughly, but still playfully.