Chapter Twenty-Eight: Christmas Jingles and Perfect Tingles

It was finally that time of year. 

Quinn was not on kitchen duty this year and so he was with his beloved husband, the two men out shopping for a last-minute Christmas tree. With everything that had been happening in their lives, decorating the home had been pushed to the back of their minds and so now, on the eve of Christmas, everyone was in a dash to prepare. 

Prepare for what? Their first Christmas with Briar, of course.

"Is this how it's supposed to look?" Jesse frowned, holding apart the two legs of a massive turkey and peering inside. They then retched, running over to the sink to drink water from the tap with shaky hands. 

"What, never seen the inside of a bird before?" Briar smirked, taking over in the removal of the innards they would not be consuming. 

"No! Fuck... is that what a vagina looks like?" they asked, a haunted look in those beautiful eyes. Briar laughed loudly, having not expected that question. 

"If you're not quite ready to be elbow deep in a bird, then maybe you could check the vegetables are still good for tomorrow" he smirked, Jesse wrinkling their nose in distaste at the mere idea of going anywhere near the turkey- or a vagina- with a finger, much less their entire forearm.

The two moved around the Kitchen, Briar helping Jesse when it came to actually preparing the food and Jesse helping with the other chores- and distracting them both from their tasks by spontaneously dragging Briar into dancing along to the festive Jingles playing on the radio.

Originally, the plan had been for Quinn to make the dinner. Then the two submissive's had been up late one night, the two dominants in bed, when they came up with the idea of cooking the Christmas meal by themselves. Jesse had been so excited at getting to make something for everyone that it was impossible for Briar to think of saying anything other than yes. 

"Alright; the turkey is ready to be cooked tomorrow morning, vegetables are still fresh, and the desserts are going to set in the fridge overnight. Shit, it feels like we're missing something though" Briar murmured, nibbling on a thumb. 

"You forgot to give me a kiss this morning, that's all I know..." Jesse sulked, crossing their arms and looking out the window and into the garden that was blanketed in crisp snow. 

Briar walked over and pulled them into a hug, Jesse refusing to unfold their arms for all of five seconds before giving in and squeezing him tight. After a moment, he tipped their chin up and met their lips in a warm kiss before leaning back. 

"Sorry, Foxy. Is that better?". 

"Hm... one more and you're forgiven". 

A smile bloomed across his face as they kissed again, longer this time. It was innocent at first but then someone (Jesse) introduced tongue and lip biting, Jesse getting a little frisky when toasty hands crept up Briar's shirt to feel along his waist and lower back. 

"And here I thought those two were slaving away all day over food while we were stuck in the cold and rain. Turns out, beloved husband of mine, that they were taking this opportunity to exchange bacteria- in a kitchen no less" Devon's voice startled them apart, Briar showing some guilt on his face while Jesse looked positively smug.

In the archway stood Quinn and Devon, both men damp from the earlier rain and weighed down by bags upon bags of Christmas decorations- freshly bought and from the garage where all their traditional items to be reused were stored. 

"We just finished with the food..." Briar said quietly, knowing the men were not actually upset or angry but still feeling as though he should have been helping in other ways.