Welcome, Readers!

Hello there, stranger!

So, this is an author's note I'm popping into the start of the book because I need a favour from new or returning readers.

Please point out any and all mistakes you see during your time reading Briar's story. Minor things like commas, general grammar, spelling (keep in mind, I write using British spellings for the most part), all the way to huge, gaping, prolapsing plot holes that should bring me soul-crushing shame to have overlooked in the first place. Any and all corrections welcome. 

Why?

Because as of writing this (11/03/23- British date structure by the way), this book is almost complete. And although once completed I will be doing bonus chapters and a Q&A for both me and the characters, I will be editing the fuck out of this book to make it as perfect as it can be. As perfect as it deserves.

So, please, don't worry about me getting pissy at you for leaving comments acknowledging mistakes and stuff, even if you feel as though you're leaving too many. Trust me when I say it will make the editing process a lot smoother for me, which I'm grateful for.

Thank you in advance, and I hope you enjoy the story! It's my first proper attempt at a book, and by far the damn longest (seriously, this was supposed to be about 30 chapters) but I'm proud of it.

Notes- for those curious if this has smut- yes. It does. It just takes a while to get to it but when it does... be warned that it is all fairly damn graphic. So, if that ain't your thing, no hard feelings, and thanks for stopping by. Just know that the focus of this book was not the sex, but the growth and emotions. The sex is just a nice little treat. 

Also, regarding the 'MxMxM' tag, people have made their confusion known in the comments as four people are introduced as romantic interests in the story. Many were worried that one of them were going to be cut out of the relationship. The reason it is only tagged as a three 'M's' is because Jesse is genderfluid, and I worried that including them as one of the 'Men' would possibly be offensive to other Genderfluid people, when Jesse does not strictly identify as male. So, this story does contain a four-person polyamorous relationship, but as I wasn't sure how exactly to include a Genderfluid person in the tag, I decided it was best to leave them out of it. But no worries- none of the lovers are going to be left behind. 

Hope this helps ease any confusion!

Content and Trigger warnings for those who need them, because they are not placed at the beginning of chapters. I feel it ruins the flow and immersion:

-Abuse: Mental, Emotional and physical. (Sexual abuse is alluded to, but never gone into in detail or any sort of depth). This includes manipulation, gaslighting etc. All the toxic shit. Ew. 

-Coerced Escorting

-Self harm (one relatively short and brief scene, that I felt was vital to the story's progression, development and character growth)

- Negative thoughts (including self-deprecation), anxiety, panic, and all that mental turmoil shit. So, if you feel these kinds of thoughts would put your own mental health at risk, this book may not be for you since they occur often. 

-BDSM. I hadn't thought of this before, but sadomasochism, degradation and 'abuse' in the form of impact play, breath play, and all sorts of other stuff may trigger some people. So, be aware that a lot of kinks and such take place within this story. 

-DDLB & CG/L. LISTEN, PLEASE. I am not in the mood to answer countless questions on this, read hate directed at me due to ignorance, or risk me/my book being reported for harm towards a minor, so let me clear some stuff up. Spoilers ahead btw:

Briar age regresses, to a relatively little age, and while it isn't a huge part of the book, it is still a very important part of who Briar is and his growth. During these times of regression, he is not considered an adult man in control of himself and the things around him- that control and safety falls to the person who becomes his Caregiver, who is a person that takes care of Little Briar, cares about him, plays with him and makes sure he's happy and kept safe.

At no point, ever, under no circumstances, do any romantic or sexual advances/activities take place while Briar is regressed. No deep lip kisses (if at all, actually), no inappropriate snuggling, no sexual language or anything of the sort mentioned around Little Briar. He is treated as a real child to the best of the abilities of those around him, and anything he is exposed to that a child should not be, is vilified and explicitly made clear to not be condoned or accepted. 

That is the CG/L aspect of this story. 

DDLB however, is often confused or intertwined with age regression, and it never should be. DDLB is a kink, in which one (or more, but only one in this story) takes the role of a Daddy Dominant, and the other is the Little Boy. Does this actually depict- or attempt to- an actual sexualised father and son relationship? Or a grown man with a little boy? 

No. Good fucking god, no

What it is, is a power dynamic. Master-Slave, Boss-Employee, Sir-Sub, Daddy-Baby Boy... they're just titles and names used to describe the bond, connection and dynamic between those taking part. Sort of like how lovers call each other Baby, Babe etc- they're not actually calling their partner a baby, or sexualising an infant, it is just a respectful title or affectionate pet name. 

Within the pages of this story, DDLB is explained in a way that fits the characters entering this dynamic together, and I feel that the characters themselves explain it far better than I can right now, here, with no context. Please just know that 'Little Boy' does NOT mean age regression, any and all characters engaging in sexual activities are of legal age, sober, in their right mind and fully consenting. 

So please, please, please, don't ever enter a sexual encounter in this book, where someone is called Daddy or Baby Boy, thinking there's even a chance Briar is regressed. He is not, and never will be. 

Thank you, and I hope you understand why it's so important that I stress this. 

Ta-Ta, talk to you again another time, and enjoy the book!