Chapter Twenty-Nine: Life of a Model and Haunted Nights

After an early start at home with a delicious breakfast of poached eggs made by Quinn (and a less delicious but well-meant under cooked bacon sandwich from Jesse), Briar had been ready to begin the day.

Under the impression that the mock photoshoot with Stephen would be very low key, he turned up to the studio feeling at ease and wearing the most basic of clothes, hair still wet from his shower.

Had Briar known that not only was Stephen in complete work mode an incredibly thorough man but also a hard to please one, he may have never agreed to the mock photoshoot. The pressure he felt to perform above his current ability was nearly crippling.

"No, no, he looks dreadful in that. What is he, an old woman? Put him in something different, something that would make you want to crawl into the photo just to steal the clothes from his body" the older man demanded, hands on his hips.

"Yes sir" the stylist said before rushing back over to Briar and steering him into the dressing room.

"Uh, he didn't like this one either?" Briar asked awkwardly, pulling gently on the knitted fabric.

She just gave a strained smile before stripping him and putting on something he would have never had the courage to wear if given the choice. 

It's so sheer... you can see my nipples.

But it seemed that was what suited him, everyone out of the seven crew members- who Briar had not known were going to be there before arriving- nodding appreciatively. The photographer also appeared pleased, rushing him into view of the camera lens.

Did it take twenty minutes for Briar to start understanding what a modelling pose was? No, it took thirty-five, but eventually he started to just listen to the faint music playing in the background rather than the grouchy director looming in the corner like an irritated badger.

"That's great. Now look up to the left slightly and pull your left shoulder back slightly... perfect" the photographer praised.

Flash.

At the camera's signature click, Briar then shifted his position slightly.  

It was more than a little embarrassing to be seen in such a sheer and skimpy outfit, let alone exposing himself further by sitting on the stool provided and having his upper thighs on show. It was not lingerie or anything, yet everything did hold a risqué element which he wasn't sure what to think of.

"Lean your hip out more and point your foot towards the floor. A bit more". 

Flash.

This was how the day went, the young man being put into items of clothing from skirts and leggings to stockings and bodysuits, varying degrees of flesh being shown or hidden in each photo taken. 

At first, he was positive he was going to turn Stephen down at the end of the day. It was awkward being in front of the camera and showing his body in ways that did not come naturally to him. He felt exposed. But as time passed and he became more comfortable in the atmosphere and company of those around him, Briar could almost say it was fun. 

If he lost focus, it was almost as though he could forget that he was being professionally photographed and not just trying on clothes that he had always wanted to wear then having a private fashion show. When leather boots slipped up his thighs, he felt strong. As denim jackets hung low on his shoulders, exposing his bare chest and barely hiding his perked nipples from the slightly cold air of the studio, he felt desirable. Hugging corsets and extreme heels left him feeling taller than the sky and sexier than sin.