| Chapter one

"Do you have to go?" I asked him with a whiny voice. This was the 7th trip Caleb had to go on and it was getting frustrating. I was lonely most of the time and this has been happening ever since he got that stupid promotion.

As his wife I'm happy for him but at the same time I wish he never got that promotion. Most nights I go to sleep and wake up to an empty bed. I don't see him in the mornings or at night and that's even on Saturdays and Sundays.

When I do see him he's always tired or moody so we don't talk or have any sex which has been killing me. I haven't slept with Caleb or had a good orgasm in almost a year. Sex with him just isn't the same anymore anyway. It's short and fast and there is no satisfaction for me anymore.

"I'm sorry baby but you know I have to go. It's a big part of the job," he said, kissing the top of my head. He walked to the closet and started taking out some clothes. "How long are you going to be gone?" I asked him. "Just 3 days. I'll be back before dinner with my family okay," he said, turning to face me.

He saw the look on my face and furrowed his eyebrows. "C'mon you know I hate it when you're mad at me. Please don't be like this baby," he said, walking towards me and sitting beside me on the bed.

"You're never here anymore. I miss us," I said, turning to him with a sad look. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration as if I said something wrong. "You always do this before I leave. Can't you just be excited for me just once?" he asked rolling his eyes.

Every time I express my thoughts with Caleb he gets mad and makes me feel bad for it. He makes me feel like I don't appreciate him or that I'm not happy for him but that's not the case. I just want to spend time with my husband, is that too much to ask?

"I'm sorry. I just don't want you to go. It gets really lonely in this house without you," I said, wrapping my arms around him. I rested my head on his shoulder and his head rested on mine. "I know I haven't been around as much but I've waited for this promotion for almost 3 years and now that I have it, I don't want to waste my opportunity," he said, moving his head to look at me.

Caleb had been working at the company for  7 years and he got the promotion about 2 years after we were married. We dated for a year before he popped the question and things were so spontaneous then. Caleb wasn't so busy then. We spent a lot of time together before the promotion and we had the best time with each other. He was my happiest moments the year we dated and we always spoke about starting a family the second year we were married but his job got in the way.

"I'm really proud of you baby. You really do deserve this promotion and I can't wait for you to get back," I said half heartedly and pecked him on the lips. It wasn't like I lied but I wasn't telling the full truth. I was happy for him but I also hated it.

"I love you," he said with a smile. I smiled back and kissed him again before responding. "I love you too." He stood up and continued packing and I just watched. Caleb worked for a marketing agency and the company sold and made a lot of products. His trips were usually conferences or business meetings with different investors or clients that the company worked with.

He was recently promoted to a sort of editor manager position so he had a lot of meetings, paperwork or plans that he had to do or take care of. It was a big deal and paid good money but it was very time consuming.

The next morning I drove Caleb to the airport and then I had a breakfast date with my best friend Zoey. "I can't believe that bastard has left you again. I mean seriously who does that?!" she yelled throwing her hands in the air angrily.

Zoey was the type of person to say what ever she thought. She didn't care if she hurt or offended you but if she had something to say to you or about you she would say it. She mostly did this causes she got angry really quickly so she spoke without thinking.

"Relax Zee. He has a lot to do these days," I said defending him. "Oh please. That's just you defending your shit of a husband. If I were you I would have divorced him and gone for his brother," she said taking a sip of her tea.

"I can't believe you just said that," I said wide eyed. Caleb's brother was also one of my good friends and I did have a thing for him when we were younger but that was years ago, a while before Caleb and I got together. Alexander Blain was a player and knew exactly what girls wanted but he was never serious.

He played with girls feelings and left them heartbroken in the end. I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know what real love is. "Alex is a player," I said with a raised eyebrow. "But he still knows how to treat a woman. I should know. I slept with him a few years back," she said with a shrug.

She wasn't wrong. Every girl that knew him always said good things about him but cried when he broke up with them. "Wait, you slept Alex?!" I asked her realising what she had just said.

"Yeah it was a one night stand situation and it was ages ago, but you're missing my point. At least marry someone who will do you good in bed," she said folding her arms.

Zee knows about my whole sex life with Caleb and she doesn't approve especially because she is a sex therapist and talks about it almost every single day. "You deserve better Aaliyah."