| Chapter twenty-two

Alex's POV||

She sat across from me, looking at me with so many emotions. I could tell she was confused and my heart felt heavy knowing that it was partly my fault she felt the way she felt.

I have never been the type to chase any woman but Aaliyah Hawkings had me fawning. I have no idea how it happened or when but I started getting feelings for her. I had no idea if it was the way she looked at me with those gorgeous brown eyes of hers or when she smiled that beautiful smile but everything about her captured me in a way I never knew was possible for someone like me.

I missed her so much and the 2 months that she wasn't in my arms were the most miserable months of my life. Even when I tried as many times as possible to get her to talk to me she would shut me out. She was hurting and it was my fault.

In the 2 months we were apart I was slowly becoming depressed because I wasn't hearing her sweet voice or soft giggles. I wasn't seeing her innocent brown eyes staring into my green ones. I didn't feel the warmth from her body on mine or hear her sweet sweet moans. I wasn't able to smile or laugh at her jokes. I wasn't able to see her light up when she spoke passionately about the thing she loved.

I wasn't able to kiss her, I wasn't able to kiss her beautiful plump lips. I was in a dark place without her. Seeing her right now in front of me was almost enough for me but I wanted her back. I fell in love with her.

I may have not known, but it took me losing her to figure out that my need and attraction to her was beyond just sexually. I wanted to be with her forever. I wanted to wake up to her beautiful face for the rest of my life. I wanted to come home to her after a long day.

She has become my safe place without even knowing and I pray to God that I'm hers. I want to be there for her forever. I never knew until now how much I was actually depending on her.

"Aaliyah." My voice cracked when her name echoed through my mouth. "I know I've hurt you and I know that I don't deserve your sympathy or your time but I just needed you to know how sorry I am."

I took a deep breath before sighing. "I didn't know how to tell you but truth be told, for a while I didn't want to tell you because it would make it easier for me to have you."

"Someone like me Aaliyah, isn't able to give anyone anything more than a good fuck but with you it was different. It wasn't just a fuck anymore it was more because for the first time in my life I wanted to give someone more. I want to give you so much Aaliyah."

I watched her eyes become glossy as I spoke. "I know I've already messed up but I have never in my life felt anything like this. I've never needed someone as badly as I needed you. Please come back to me, I need you to come back to me."

A tear rolled down her beautiful face and a smile formed on her lips before she sniffled. "It was always more than just a fuck to me Alex. I was dying on the inside every time I saw you and the 2 months I wasn't with you was killing me slowly."

She wiped the tear away. "I thought I would be able to do it but I need you too Alex." Another tear rolled down her face and I wanted nothing more than to kiss her. I wanted to hold her in my arms and never let go but the atmosphere quickly changed with her next words

"But you can't me that easy sir. You're going to have to work for it, you're going to have to prove to me that you want this as badly as you say you do."

My eyes widened at her words. There it was, that brattiness I knew she had. The brattiness that I loved so much. "And how do you suppose I do that darling." I was leaning on the table with a smirk on my face.

"You're a big boy, you'll think of something." She flashed that gorgeous smile of hers after she spoke. She gave me this innocent look that made me strain in my pants. "I'm no boy darling," I paused chuckling deeply.

"You know very well that I'm a man." I watched as she averted her gaze as she blushed. She knew exactly what I meant and I loved the affect I had on her. I hope that I am the only man that made her feel this way.

I want to be the lucky son of a bitch that has this woman's heart forever.

After lunch I drove her back to Zee's. The car ride there was filled with a comfortable silence and for the first time in a while I couldn't feel the weight of guilt on my shoulders anymore. Sure it was there but it was no longer a burden because I knew that she was mine.

She may have said that I have to work for it but from the way she looked at me she had that excitement in her eye. She had the spark she once had when she looked at me.

I parked in front of the house and I looked at her. She didn't get out for a moment. She looked back at me and I wanted nothing more than to crash my lips onto hers but I sensed some doubt so I didn't do it.

This was killing me because I have never had to hold back but I knew if I was going to keep her I had to learn some restraint. I watched as she bit her lip and I couldn't hold it in any more.

I grabbed her by the throat and crashed my lips onto hers. Her hands flew to my hair and she tugged on it lightly causing me to groan into her mouth making her moan into mine.

It gave me the opportunity to plunge my tongue into her mouth. I explored her mouth and pulled her deeper into the kiss. I could feel her fighting for dominance but of course I won.

She pulled away smiling and she caught her breath but I let out a groan when I didn't feel her lips on mine. "I'll see you soon Alex."