| Chapter ten

"We have brunch with my mother today," he said as he let me go. "We were supposed to go when I came back but obviously that didn't happen." I sighed before nodding my head.

"Well we can't stay too long because I have plans for 1 ó clock today." He looked at me confused and raised his brows. "What plans?" I thought for a moment, trying to come up with a good lie.

"Zee asked me to help her go apartment shopping." The lie rolled down my tongue, leaving a disgusting taste in my mouth. "I promised I would help."

Caleb looked at me for a long while before signing. "You've been spending so much time with Zee, I feel like I barely see you. I just want to spend some time with my wife."

There was a deep pit that was starting to form in my heart. I was feeling really bad but at the same time it's not my fault. Caleb had so many chances but he used them all on work.

This was unfair. I was feeling bad for no reason and I wondered if he felt bad whenever he did this to me. "I'm really sorry Caleb but I already said that I'd help her."

He nodded his head without saying anything more and made his way to our bedroom. I rested my hands on the counter with a deep sigh. The guilt was heavy but the only time I didn't feel it was when I was actually with Alex. It was almost as if he took the guilt away for me because he didn't feel any.

I made my way back to the bedroom and Caleb was already in the shower. I sat on the bed waiting for him to come out so I could go next. He walked out with a towel wrapped around his waist.

I examined him as he went to look through the closet for something to wear. I studied his physic. He was a few centimetres taller than Alex. He was a bit more built but Alex looked better. Caleb's hair was lighter than Alex's and it was curly and Alex's was straight.

Caleb turned to me and as I stared at him I noticed that Caleb's lips were thinner that Alex's.

At that very moment I gasp internally.

I was comparing my husband to his brother. "What's wrong," I heard Caleb say. I snapped back to reality and my eyes darted to his. "Nothing, I was just thinking," I said smiling.

I stood up and kissed him on the cheek before going into to the bathroom. I ran the shower and got undressed. I looked at my ass in the mirror and saw the marks that Alex left. It didn't hurt so much anymore.

I ran my hand over the marks and bit my bottom lip, wishing it could happen all over again. I got into the shower and washed up before getting out again and wrapping my hair in a towel.

I brushed my teeth then moisturised in the bathroom so that Caleb wouldn't ask questions if he saw my ass. Afterwards I wrapped myself in a towel and went straight to my underwear drawer. I put on the pink lace panties and then took out the matching bra.

Caleb hadn't said a word the whole time we were changing. He seemed to be very deep in thought and that kind of worried me. What ever he was thinking about was bothering him and I could see it in his face.

I didn't want to ask him what it was but I did want to know if he was okay. "Are you okay Caleb. You've been quiet since you came out of the shower."

His attention came to me and he looked at me for a long moment. "I'm fine, I think I'm just getting a little too hungry." I nodded my head in response. I didn't ask anything further because I knew he would turn it into a fight and I didn't want that right now.

"I'll meet you down stairs. We're leaving in 10 minutes." He made his way to the door and paused when he opened it. "Alex is going to be at the brunch today." He didn't make any eye contact with me.

He was acting so weird. "It's okay Caleb," I said walking to him. I put my hand on his back and looked at the side of his face. "We're not going to be there very long so there's no need to worry."

He turned his head back to look at me and he had this look in his eye. I had no idea what it was but it made my heart sink and I had no idea why. Noticing my reaction to how he was looking at me he walked down stairs without saying a thing.

I stared at him as he made his way down the stairs and disappeared. I sighed and then went back to getting ready.

I wore a white top and a very light green skirt that was decorated with little white flowers

I wore a white top and a very light green skirt that was decorated with little white flowers. I matched it with a pair of white sneakers and had my hair tied up. It took me about 5 minutes to do my makeup because I didn't do anything fancy. It was a more natural look.

I applied some lip gloss before getting my purse and walking down stairs. Caleb was on his phone and he was smiling at a text. I wondered who it was from, for some reason his happy reaction made me feel uneasy.

"I'm ready," I said getting his attention. His head shot up to me and he then put his phone away. He smiled at me and came to kiss my cheek. "You look great, let's go," he said as he made his way to the door.

I stood for a moment before following him and closing the door behind him. After I locked the door I made my way to the car and we made our way to his mothers house.

When we arrived Alex's car was already parked outside. For some reason I was excited when I saw his car. Alex was never at the lunches or breakfasts, I wonder what changed his mind.