| Chapter twenty-three

Aaliyah's POV||

I made my way back into the house and I was starting to regret pulling away, but I knew I couldn't make this so easy for him. Zee came rushing down stairs and she had her brow raised and a smirk on her face.

"You made out with him didn't you." My eyes widened and I tried hiding it but I couldn't. "How do you do that." She raised her head proudly and smiled.

"It's a gift and plus your cheeks are flushed and I may or may not have been spying when I saw his car pull up." I shook my head at her before walking into the living room with a smile.

"I'm taking it slow Zee. I promised I wouldn't just let things happen." Zoey raised a suspicious brow at me. "I don't think having a hot make out sesh is going to help." She burst out laughing and I laughed too.

Zee was a really big help during the horrid 2 months. She was there for me and she took care of me. She would hold me when I cried and then find ways to make me feel better when I was depressed. She would take me out or just make me laugh. I honestly wouldn't have done it all without Zee. She is my rock and I hope she knows that I am hers. I appreciate her so much and I have no idea what I would have done without her.

I started going back to the office to work because at the time it helped keep me distracted. It didn't help much but I was distracted and busy most of the time. I had been coming up with new ideas for a  label for a new product that was coming up and on top of that I had to finish one for a product that had already come out.

Initially graphics design was not at the top of my list for jobs. I've always wanted to be an artist but Caleb being the person he is discouraged me and I lost my interest in it.

I may be doing some form of art but it's not my passion. It's just not the same

During the day while I was drawing up some ideas Alex had called me saying he was taking me out. I had no idea where but he said it was part of his plan to make it up to me.

I was looking through my things, trying to find an outfit that was suitable for anything. I wanted to be causal yet sexy. I also wanted to have an elegant element just in case he was taking me out for dinner or something.

Eventually I settled on an outfit and I honestly hope that he wasn't taking me horse riding or something because my outfit was not prepared for that.

You could never go wrong with black so I wore a black long sleeved dress that had an off the shoulder sleeve as well

You could never go wrong with black so I wore a black long sleeved dress that had an off the shoulder sleeve as well. I matched it with a black pair of heels and a black bag. My hair was loose and I had a natural make up look.

I went down stairs and I heard Alex's car pull up. "Stay safe, rock his world and don't do anything I wouldn't do." Zoey pulled me in for a hug before she let me go.

I made my way to the car and Alex was standing standing by my door looking as handsome as ever.

He wore a black suit jacket and matching pants and he wore a white shirt that had a few of the buttons lose

He wore a black suit jacket and matching pants and he wore a white shirt that had a few of the buttons lose. He wore black shoes as well and his near stubble was back.

He was looking good and if not better than the last time. His longer hair suited him. His eyes looked at me hungrily as he examined me.

That feeling of excitement and arousal when he looked at me was one of the feelings I missed. I missed him so much.
I missed his smile, his eyes, his lips, his arms around me. I missed how he made me feel. I just miss him so much.

He opened the door for me and I made my way in but I felt his hand wrap around my waist tightly, stopping me from getting inside. I didn't dare to make eye contact. "You look beautiful darling." I felt his lips kiss my bare shoulder and I took a sharp intake of air.

I heard him chuckle before he lightly tapped my ass making me jolt forward. Fuck I missed his hands on my ass too. I missed my punishments so much. I bit my lip before trying to go into the car again but he held me tighter.

"Don't forget your manners darling." I finally turned to him with innocence in my eyes before smiling at him. "I'm glad you like it." Before he could stop me again I quickly got into the car and closed the door.

I took a deep breath and tried holding onto the confidence that I had for as long as possible. He got into the car and drove off without saying a word.

We drove for a while in a comfortable silence before the car stopped. I looked around and saw we were stopped outside a very posh looking building. "What is this place."

Alex only looked at me and smiled before getting out of the car and coming to my door. He closed the door and locked the car before leading me into the building.

We walked in and Alex spoke to the receptionist for a moment before we walked into a room and my eyes light up.

The walls of the room were white and were decorated with a bunch of beautiful art pieces.

I looked around the room excited. I wanted to examine each and every single one. Each one was unique and beautifully painted and I couldn't help but think that one day it would be my art someday in an art gallery.

"Alex this...this is beautiful." I turned my head to him and he had this look in his eyes that gave me butterflies. "I'm glad you like it."

I rolled my eyes at him realising he just used my own words against me and my arms was pulled back before I collided with his chest. "Roll your eyes at me again and you'll be rolling them for a completely different reason."