| Chapter twenty-one

The car ride to Zee's was silent. I would have expected Alex to try and fix things but he didn't even say a word. His phone rang again and he rolled his eyes when Mikayla's name popped up.

I stared at his phone then looked at him. He declined the call and his knuckles become white as he gripped onto the steering wheel. "Aaliyah I'm so sorry okay, I'm so sorry."

He let out a sigh before glancing at me then back at the road. "After today I knew that we weren't just fucking anymore so I wanted to tell you what Caleb had been doing, and yes that was the reason I didn't feel guilty about you but I would have done it even if he didn't cheat on you."

"I swear it wasn't for revenge Aaliyah, I..." he stopped talking, glancing at me again.

"You what Alex." He still didn't say anything.

The car came to a stop in front of Zee's house. I turned to Alex who looked at me with a sad look in his eyes. "I'm sorry Aaliyah." His eyes looked glossy and I almost forgave him right there and then, but I wanted more. I needed more and I couldn't do this right now.

"Yeah, me too." I gave him a hurt look and my heart ached even more. "Goodbye Alex." I got out of the car and got my suitcase. I saw Zee running down from her house. The next thing I knew she was yelling and screaming at Alex and she kicked his car.

"I can't fucking believe you. You son of a bitch, I hope you get into a car accident you piece of shit. You hurt my fucking best friend and right now you are so lucky she is too hurt to watch or I would kill you right now." She kicked the car again before taking me in her arms and walking me to the door.

I turned to see him one more time before I went inside. The look on his face broke me and the tears started streaming down my face. Zee dropped my bags to give me a hug. I sobbed in her arms for a good half hour but it didn't even make me feel better.

Later in the day I was sat on her couch in her arms watching Friends. She brought me some snacks but I had no appetite at all.

"Liyah love you need to eat." She gave me some chips and tried to feed me but I refused. "Bitch you better eat at least half of this or we are not going to the spa tomorrow."

I looked at her with a pout before taking the chips reluctantly and eating.

——————————————

It had been about 2 months since the whole situation and I was finally starting to heal. I started working out some more and I was taking care of myself more.

Alex hadn't stop trying to get in contact with me but every time he would come over he would get thrown with something in Zee's house. Every time he came over he would look more and more depressed.

His hair was longer and he there would be bags under his eyes and my heart would sink. At this point it was undeniable that I loved him but if I went back to him things wouldn't be the same anymore and I had no idea if that would break me or actually help get closure.

"That fucking bitch!" Zee stomped into the living room holding an envelope. "It's a fucking invitation to the fucking wedding." She took the invite out and read it out.

"You are invited to celebrate the bonding of two souls that have chosen to become one. Please join us at LEGACY HOTEL on Saturday at 3pm." She scoffed before throwing it on the floor and stomping on it.

"Zee you are still way too angry about this." I laughed as she threw a tantrum on the invite. She then picked it up again and ripped it to pieces. "They are even having it at the very same place it all fucking started."

I laughed and shook my head in amusement before the door bell rang again. I turned my head to the door and Zee made her way to it. When she opened the door she looked around quickly and threw something which made me realise exactly who was at the door.

"Aaliyah please. I need to talk to you. Please." I could hear the plea in his voice and I swear there was a crack in his voice when he asked. I sighed and slowly made my way to the door. "It's okay Zee." I stood in front of her so she wouldn't attack him. I nodded assuring her that I would be fine.

She glared at Alex before she kissed my head and walked away.

He looked so broken. His hair was falling over just above his eyes and the bags under his eyes were dark. His stubble had grown more almost giving him a beard but not quite.

"How long are you going to do this to yourself Alex." I folded my arms over my chest looking at him with sympathy. "Please just come and have lunch with me. I'll explain everything."

Sighing in defeat I looked at him before nodding. "Just give me a minute to change." I turned around and made my way upstairs and quickly changed.

I wore a tight fit green dress with a matching green cropped jacket

I wore a tight fit green dress with a matching green cropped jacket. I also wore a pair of white sneakers and tied my hair up.

I made my way down stairs and I walked into Zoë giving Alex the dirtiest looks I have ever seen and Alex looked back at her emotionlessly. He seemed to not care because he payed no attention till I got down stairs.

"We are just having lunch and then you bringing me back here. I need you to know Alex that this doesn't mean anything and I'm just giving you a chance to explain so that I could stop worrying about you."

He looked hurt at my words and I felt really bad for saying them but I had to do it, I had to do it so I would make sure I don't get hurt again. It was for a sort of reassurance for myself.