𝟎𝟒

"I am going to get you full custody of Dalia and if I can't do it, then my name isn't Scarlett Ester

"I am going to get you full custody of Dalia and if I can't do it, then my name isn't Scarlett Ester."

How can such a comely and beauteous woman have such a coaxing tone? Those luring eyes say more than what she's saying. A softly spoken woman yet all I see is pain from something happening in her life.

It was like she was a painting. Sitting so still, posture straight up, her bright red painted lips catching my eye, legs crossed showing her tanned olive skin. I know she was trying to be confident and she was but I know she was somewhat scared of being in front of a mafia leader.

"How long will it take?" I ask, believing every word she's said so far about gaining me full custody.

"It can take up to months, even a year at the most. As long as we prove you have no illegal activities or any suspicious doings, custody will be faster. There will be a court trial in a month and so I need as much evidence for it." She takes out a note pad which seemed to already be full of notes, "I'll also need to do home visits, to see how your relationship is with Dalia."

"As long as I get my daughter in the end, do the hell you want." I lean forward, her gaze resting upon my every movement. "Is that a deal Miss Ester?"

"This is not a deal, Mr Miller. This is fighting a case. I don't know what you do in this mafia world, but in my world, we sure as hell don't do deals." She copies my movement by leaning forward, the smell of blackcurrant and rose draws close to my nose, and the smirk on her face just shows she is one feisty woman.

Scoffing and leaning back on my chair, my eyes narrow close together before speaking, "You've entered a very dangerous world, darling. I hope you know that." While crossing my arms, she lets out the most heavenly chuckle, perfectly fitting with that British accent of hers.

"Dangerous world? Pft. I already play dirty Mr Miller."

That was so fucking hot to hear come out of her mouth. The way my name rolls off her tongue makes it illegal for her to just be in the room with me. That mouth was causing some serious trouble one day and when it does, she won't be able to get out of it.

"Very well then, Miss Ester. I assume you'll live up to what my world consists of."

"Actually, you're going to be playing by my rules this time. I'm the one in charge here so get that in your head. If you want my help, you listen to me." She stands up, the chair screeching along with her.

Clicking my tongue, I was amused by the way she was talking to me. Almost gaining submission over me. "I'd like to see you try, darling. You'll follow my rules either way." I say, standing up a while after.

"Already on a nickname basis?"

"Only if you want it to be," I smirk at her, following behind as she walks over to the door.

"It's Scarlett, in case you forgot." She plasters a fake smile on herself, I roll my eyes at her and before I knew it, she leaves. "Oh and I'll be setting up a home visit soon, Elijah." She says quite loud as she wasn't looking at me.