𝟏𝟏

I think I just made the biggest mistake

I think I just made the biggest mistake. It was a mistake, right? Pacing around my office at home, I can't help but think of what I did with Scarlett. It's been on my mind ever since I came home and I don't know if it was the right thing to do.

Sucking in my breath, I run my hands through my hair, thinking of every possible way to not think of Scarlett. But fuck it's so hard. The way she kept her stance though I was about to yell at her for what the Stanely's threatened me with, the way she took me so fucking well despite denying that this whole thing was right.

But was it?

It's been a day, almost night and yet she's all I can think about. Yanking me back to reality, the office door swings open and my little girl comes running in with Sebastian behind her. The thoughts soon fade away and the smile on Dalia's face just changed everything with what I was thinking.

"Why has my little girl got such a big smile on her face?" She runs over to me, something behind her back and as I look at Sebastian, he shrugs as if he doesn't know what's going on.

"Dada I bwght you smting." She giggles while she gets her words out, twirling her body around to the left slightly just so that I could see what it was. It was a small box but I had no clue what was inside it.

"What did you buy my darling?" I ask her, placing her on my desk, trying to see the box behind her.

"A pwsnt for you." Her giggles make my entire heartbeat, words cannot describe how much she makes my day and to be fair I don't think anyone apart from my daughter would make my day as she does.

"Can I see, sweetheart?" I whisper and she nods, handing me the box straight away. Sebastian walks over to us, clearly knowing what was inside the box. Shaking the box lightly, I try to make out what it was but had no clue.

"Opn it dada!" She exclaims, clapping her hands in the air, waiting for me to open the box. Opening the box, there was a bracelet with a silver bar and her name engraved on the silver. My eyes stinging from holding back my tears because I didn't expect a gift like this. "Dada why you cwy?" Looking at my daughter, she pouts her lips thinking that I was crying and it makes me shake my head instantly because I didn't want her to think I was.

"No baby, dada is not crying. These are happy tears because you bought me the best present ever, my princess." I whisper, kissing her forehead and pulling her into a hug.

"Can you wer it dada?" She asks so politely, taking the bracelet out of the box for me to wear. Nodding at her, I slip on the bracelet and the smile on Dalia's face makes me so happy knowing she's got the right present for me.

"Who helped you buy it, sweetheart?" I ask and she points directly at Sebastian who was just grinning at the two of us.

"It was a surprise, Eli." Sebastian chuckles, along with Dalia who giggles and they both high-five each other.