𝟑𝟎

FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK

The feeling of being free is never complete. You think you're free but you're not. I thought I was. I thought I would finally be free from them, but it turned out everything was a game. I thought running away from my fears, the torture would keep me away from them, but it came running back.

Having to see my parents againno they don't deserve to be called parents, Elijah. Having to see the two people again, who were enjoying ruining my life, was the start of a new torment. But this time round I wasn't afraid. I wasn't that little boy years ago who ran away because of what they'd do.

But it wasn't being afraid this time, it was being manipulated and trapped into a game. I was clueless as to what was happening, all I knew was that this was a trap to get into their control once again.

I was nothing to them.

If anything, they treated me like an animal not cared for.

"Thank God, we got them married. You finally get everything since all of it is in Amira's name." William Stanley is the worst of them all. He could be twins with that father of mine because their evilness is on the same level.

"Touch anything of mine and I'll slit your throats." Stepping in front of them but all I hear is both of their laughs ringing in my ears. Wicked. Monstrous. A disgrace. It's what I could describe them as. The sound of Satan was present in this office, I had every intention to kill both, but it would be too risky.

"Too bad, Elijah, we already got what we wanted. You're married to Amira. Your father gets your company. We get half the money."

"I think you've forgotten that I've got a mafia." Seething at them, nothing seemed to get in their heads. I was going to say something further, but someone walked in, a female, and the moment I locked eyes with her, I knew the trouble she was going to cause.

"Father."

Her voice was like a scratch on the wall. Like father, like daughter. Nothing but pure evilness. I look back and forth to my so called father and Stanley, the greatest smile on their faces as they see her walk in.

"Amira. Just the girl we were talking about. How is it being Elijah's wife?" Wife. It has no meaning to me and never will. She will never mean anything to me. This forced marriage only benefits her. She thinks I know nothing about their game plans, but I knew it all, every step of their games but there's no way I was getting out of it unless I had blood on my hands.

Amira Stanley will never be a Miller. Ever since her father put me in this marriage, she'd done nothing but use me. She takes every advantage of using my money, to enjoy her nights when I must make my way out of this trap.