𝟑𝟔

It's been weeks ever since I've seen my daughter and the longer, I'm away from here, the longer my heart feels empty

It's been weeks ever since I've seen my daughter and the longer, I'm away from here, the longer my heart feels empty. And ever since Scarlett's mother passed away, she's been visiting me but like a dead person herself.

Her smile fades away whenever she sees that nurse behind bars, she holds on to me like I'm the one about to leave, she silently cries but doesn't show it, yet she acts so strong in front of me. She's drained from all the pain—the pain of her mother, the pain of me being here, the pain of being alone—and out of all people, she doesn't deserve it.

Tying my hair up, I hear the cell being open to see Scarlett herself walk in. "Hi baby," Hearing her voice bought me a wave of peace, she sounded a lot happier today making me confused as to why.

"Darling," Smiling at her, I pull her towards me and wrap my arms around me in an instant. Pressing a kiss on her forehead, she lifts her head up, those hazel eyes meeting mine with love, "What's gotten you all happy today, hm?" I was trying to hide my smile myself, but I failed the moment I saw her lips curl.

"I just found out that I can take you home before the trial starts in two days." She mumbles onto my lips, making it impossible for me to stop smiling. Our lips move in a solemn way, it felt so serene to be kissing her at this moment that I spin her around after hearing that I can go home.

"How did they let it happen? I thought I'd be staying here until the trial."

"I might have made some arrangements. I want you home, Elijah. I want you with me, I want you to see Dalia," She says, wrapping her arms around my neck, "I want you close to me, baby, I—"

"Where are you going with this, darling?" Pressing my hands against her ass, she lets out a gasp, moving her eyes down to where my hands were resting. I feel her fingers play with the back of my hair.

"That could mean anything. Take it however you want, Elijah." A slight grin falls on her face, lightly tugging on my hair.

"If you don't keep quiet, darling, I might have to forget going home and take you right here." She stumbles back slightly, pouting her lips together and pushing me back slightly.

"Our little princess is waiting for you first. Keep it in your pants, baby." Pressing my tongue in my inner cheeks, she blows me a kiss at the same time, grabbing her files and bag, "Let's get out of this goddamn place." She extends her hand out and I lock mine with hers, leaving the cell.

Now, it truly felt like I was back to where I should be—with her. Holding her hand felt like the end of all but we weren't there just yet. Though I'll admit, I've never been so nervous in my life like I am for this trial. One wrong move, then I've lost it all.

I realised that what I was missing in my life was Scarlett—a blossom of peace that took away all my sufferings. My home was never a home, Dalia was lost just as much as I was but with Scarlett entering at the right moment, everything feels so complete. My soul has settled with hers, bounding like a knot and it's one that I never want to break. She keeps me alive which makes me want to continue living. It feels like I've left a huge part of me behind tonight and not once have I felt a jot of anxiety.