𝟐𝟑

I've searched everywhere for Scarlett but I haven't found her yet

I've searched everywhere for Scarlett but I haven't found her yet. She wasn't home, she wasn't at the hospital either. I even tried tracking her down but I couldn't find her location. She was scaring me now—she couldn't have just that message and then disappear somewhere.

I end up at one of my restaurants, the one I met her for the first time. Since it was open, I was hoping that she'd be there but the moment I enter the restaurant, no one looked like her. Heading to the back, I ask one of the guys if they saw her but no one noticed because tonight was a busy night.

Taking my phone out, I ring her number but went straight to voicemail. She was terrifying me now, I had no clue where she was.

Me: Where the hell are you, Scarlett? Answer my phone.

Walking up to the roof to get fresh air, I was about to call one of my men to try to track her location until I see her name display on my phone.

Scarlett: You found me pretty quickly.

What? I look around the rooftop and that's when I see her standing close to the edge. I knew it was her just by the way she was standing, her presence was something to never miss. Rushing towards her, a sense of relief approaches me when I get close to her.

"Scarlett," I breathe out her name yet she doesn't turn back to look at me. Placing my arms around her waist, I pull her back so we were touching. The sniffle coming from her made it obvious she was crying. "You're crying because of me, right?" Whispering, my heart trips in ache because I know I made her cry—after all it's my fault.

"Let go of me, Elijah." Her voice cracks, trying to get out of my hold and no matter how much she tried now, I wasn't going to let her because I want to make it right again.

"Thank you for letting me come to see you."

"You said it's been two weeks. Maybe it's time to talk." She whispers, wiping her tears away. However, she still doesn't look at me and I don't blame her.

"Everything that I said was a mistake. I never meant any of it. You're not her, you could never be her." Starting to speak, I hear her sigh, letting go of my hold. This time she does look at me and seeing her so hurt, hurt me. Using my thumb, I wipe her tears and push her hair back so I could see her properly

"Why though? Why did you say it, Elijah?" It was as if she was going to break down any second. I didn't know what to say to her—I just couldn't tell her all my past. I wasn't ready to tell her yet.

Clearing my throat, I walk over to where she was standing, pressing my hand against the cold concrete. "I'm not ready to tell you about my past, Scarlett. And fuck I wish I could just tell you but I'm afraid."

This was the first ever time I was letting my emotions take over. Yes, I've told things to Santi and Rico but nothing that I said was with a feeling. But with Scarlett, I somehow let myself show these emotions.