𝟎𝟖

I would leave everything like I am to spend every minute with my daughter. Sometimes leaving the mafia to Seb isn't the right thing to do but when Dalia needs me, I leave everything behind. She's been sick for the past few days and I've been at home ever since.

"Baby, dada needs you to have this medicine. Can you open your mouth, my princess?" Pressing my hand onto my burning daughter's head, my heart trembles at touching her and knowing she has a high fever.

"N-No dada. I don wunt." Her voice was barely coming out, the little coughs coming out of her mouth only makes me want to have a fever instead of her.

"Come on, my princess. It's strawberry, your favourite." I whisper, kissing her forehead which makes her groan. "Baby, my sweetheart. Listen to dada please."

"Dada."

Her voice was so quiet, tears welling up in my eyes as I see my poor sick baby lying in my bed. "Yes, my princess. Tell me." I take her small hands and she somehow opens her mouth to let me spoon the medicine.

"Can you sweep wit me?" She asks and without hesitation, I climb over to the other side with her. I notice the tears in her eyes, along with her sniffling.

"Baby, why are you crying?" I whisper, picking her up and placing her on my lap. Wiping her tears, she snuggles into my chest, feeling the high temperature seeping through. "Sh my princess. Don't cry."

"Dada I ill."

Damn it. My heart gripped together in one, breaking down into a million pieces.

"I know princess. I know, but you're going to get better, my baby. You're a strong girl, remember." I take her hand and press multiple kisses on them. "How about we plan something to do once you get better hm? You tell me what my little princess wants to do."

"Uh, dada I wunt go to the park." Her voice gets a little excited, timid to jump up but I knew she was ready to go.

Chuckling and kissing her head, "Of course, my love. We'll go to the park. Me and you, okay?" I tell her and she bobs her head up and down but is tired of moving around a lot. "But you've got to rest up quickly."

"Dada?" She whispers, clinging onto my shirt.

"Mhm." She doesn't say anything back so I slowly run my hands through her hair, hoping that she would say something. "Princess, what's wrong?"

"My hed hwrts." I watch her small tears fall as she presses her head onto my chest. Frowning and aching, I place her down on the pillow so I could put a wet towel on her forehead.

"I know baby, I know. Let dada put a wet towel on your head so it can feel better." Reaching over the bowl of water, I take out the towel to place it on her head. "And my darling, don't cry. It will hurt if you cry even more."

She flinches as the towel is resting on her forehead. I wipe her eyes and keep an eye on my baby girl. She holds onto my hands, whimpering from feeling cold so I tuck the blanket so she was comfy.

"I luv you dada."

"I love you more, my sweet princess," Laying down beside her, I place my arm around her small body just for that extra warmth, "Baby, do you want to go to sleep?" I ask her, playing with her hair but only finding her closing her eyes.

"I sweep dada." She yawns and moments later, my beautiful girl falls asleep.

Heading out of the room after a while, I walk down to my office to complete some work. A monitor was kept in my bedroom so I could watch Dalia. She's never been this sick and it makes me at fault for not taking care of her. Do I though? Do I give enough attention to my daughter?