𝟏𝟑

"I want every information on how the Stanleys found Scarlett

"I want every information on how the Stanleys found Scarlett. Bring it to me asap." Slamming my hand against the desk, rage inarticulates me, my blood raging itself knowing that someone who belongs to me was in danger. "And find me that man who threatened her!"

Ordering my men to do something is always a tough job. They either do it well or they fucking screw up. Watching them leave, I follow them out but before I could, Sebastian stops in the way of the door.

"Move Seb."

"Calm down first, Eli." He says, arms crossed and staring at me intensely. I knew he was right but knowing Scarlett is in danger, something in me makes me want to protect her from everything.

"Move. I need to go." I was taking it out on everyone—I know—but when someone I know closely to needs protecting, I'll be on it to make sure they are.

"She'll report it—if you do something irrational." I knew who he was talking about. Scarlett would write down anything I do for this case. My eyes narrow, and I wanted to take my anger out but instead of doing that, I push him aside and walk away.

And the one person who could keep me calm is my daughter.

Walking to her room, I walk past the room Scarlett was staying in and noticing the door slightly open, I peek through to see if she was in there. But she wasn't. Opening the door fully, I make sure once again to see if she was there until I hear chuckles and giggles coming from Dalia's room.

Sucking in my breath, I could hear Scarlett's voice and Dalia's giggles. Reaching her room, I stand against the door and watch Scarlett play Dalia. My heart warms up—some sort of tingly feeling in my chest as I watch them both. They were playing with her dolls, and the smile on Dalia's face was only enough to make me better about what I was thinking about.

And on Scarlett's face, it was like there was a pure and genuine smile that she's been yearning to show.

"Scarwlt you be this pwinces." I watch Dalia hand Scarlett a doll, a smile tips on my face knowing that Scarlett was doing this with her.

"Which princess will you be, Dalia?" Scarlett speaks, her accent rolling perfectly off her tongue, I watch as she takes my daughter's hand and places her on her lap.

"Dada swid I this pwincess." Dalia points at the princess doll laying on the floor, she reaches to pick it up to show Scarlett and I almost let out a chuckle because she was right when she said I call her that.

Both of them snap their heads towards my direction, I clear my throat, standing straight whilst folding my arms across.

"Dada!" My little girl jumps in excitement the moment she sees me, "Dada, come!" She waves her arm over, motioning me to come over. My eyes meet Scarlett who was staring so attentively at me, the thought of her staying here makes me wonder if it would change things with how my daughter feels.