𝟑𝟑

Love—Love is a quiet emotion that builds over time and once it's built, it becomes part of the oxygen we need to breathe

Love—Love is a quiet emotion that builds over time and once it's built, it becomes part of the oxygen we need to breathe. Love heals, it makes a person become whole again, and it brings two souls together.

I didn't realise how much I was in love with Elijah until I saw him the other day. He makes me want to live for him, he makes everything worth fighting for and all I want is to end it with him beside me. After hearing him about leaving the mafia, a part of me fell in love again, and a part of me was relieved that he made that decision.

Nonetheless, I was happy for him. He has hope that he can get out, hope that I can win this trial. And after meeting him, I came back stronger for him. The thought of him wanting to spend the rest of his life with me—to marry me, to have children together—makes me nervous and though it's not happened yet, it feels that it has.

"Aurelia, we have three weeks left for the trial, how're the preparations going?" Walking to Aurelia's desk, everything felt close to normal, but it wasn't quite there yet.

"Good enough to take down the Stanley's once and for all." Hearing the Stanley's name makes my heart trip over eclectic wires like a sudden flashback of getting kidnapped pops into my head and all I want is to fall into a pit.

"That's good. I think we've got this." Think. I think we are. Despite the number of evidence, I have that Elijah will be free, a small doubt resides in me and I'm still afraid that it won't go to plan. But I've got to be strong for him, for Dalia and for myself.

"We do have it, Scarlett. We're almost there," Aurelia knew that I was in doubt about this whole case, she gets up from the chair and makes way to me, "You got this. I know you do." Giving me a small smile, it doesn't even take me a minute to embrace her.

"You should hate me for everything that I've done."

"What? Hate you? Why would I hate you, Scarlett?" She pulls away from me, slightly tilting her head with confusion.

"I went against the law. I hid everything from you, and you're supposed to be my best friend." I'll admit, I was ashamed for not telling her anything, yet she never hides a thing from me. With her working with me, I am supposed to tell her everything—everything about Elijah and about being kidnapped.

"You did nothing for me to hate you. You put yourself first because of love, no one would do that, Scar," She hands me a tissue for me to wipe my tears that I didn't even notice falling, "The love you have for him was so visible, I knew it for a long time too, but I didn't want to say anything until you were sure. And now, your love has never been stronger."

"So, you're not mad at me?" I whispered, sucking in a huge breath as a wave of relief washes over me.

"No, Scarlett. In fact, I'm happy you put you and your feelings first," She pulls me into another hug, a hug that I never knew I needed for a long time, someone other than Elijah, "And you look like you're at peace."