𝟏𝟔

WARNING: SMUT

WARNING: SMUT

Having someone beside me in bed after many years was an unfamiliar feeling. But this unfamiliarity was slowly becoming real—one that I could live with. Staring at the beauty beside me, the peace on her face was enough to make my entire day.

Pushing her hair out of the way, I never felt this feeling—an uncommon feeling—with Amara and yet with Scarlett, all these unknown feelings come flooding in. Sighing, I stay a little longer like this, admiring what's mine beside me.

She was perfection. An effortless goddess. A seductress. A drug that is never-ending.

Her eyes flutter so I move back, letting her turn around. The rays of light, hit her cheeks, showing off her natural beauty. The light freckles on her face made her stand out more, and the way her loose hair falls on her face—outlined her features perfectly.

As she slowly opens those hazel eyes for me to meet, the first thing she does is look at me. How could one be so fucking beautiful in the morning? "Morning." I breathe out, not able to take my eyes off her.

"Morning." A faint smile forms on her face, yawning as she speaks and rubs her eyes to fully wake up. The rasp in her voice turned me on, and the way her cheeks quickly turned pink as I spoke made it noticeable she was still nervous around me. "Were you just staring at me this whole time?" She raises her brows up, asking me a question she already knows the answer to.

"Don't ask questions you know the answer to." Leaning closer to her, I peck the corner of her lips and she lets out a breathless sigh.

"You're a creep." She says, making me chuckle as I pull away from her.

"And you're a goddess. I can't help it." Catching her off guard, she blushes all her heat to her cheeks, hiding between the pillow. I lean back into her, placing small kisses against her cheekbone. "You weren't shy last night, darling. Don't be now."

"I-I'm not shy." She whispers, sucking in her breath the closer I got to her.

"Sure you aren't," Whispering in her ear, I feel her body shiver at my voice, "Aren't you supposed to be working today?" I continue to speak, locking her in so she can't leave.

"N-No, it's my day off."

"Am I the only case you're working on?" I ask her and she nods instead of saying yes. Chuckling against her ear, I move down to the sensitive spot on her neck and slowly kiss it until it left a mark. "Good. I should be the only person you work on." Mumbling to her, she shakes her head with hesitation—giving me some sort of reassurance.

"I should go Elijah." She whispers, holding her moan as I suck on her skin.

"You have the day off. Stay here for a while."

"You know I can't, Elijah." She sighs and from the way she said it, I could tell she was reluctant in leaving. I move a little so that our eyes met each other, she gives me a small, addicting, smile and pecks my lips. "Go back to Dalia, I need to home and sort some things out."