𝟒𝟏

Three weeks later

Three weeks later

It takes someone a lot of courage to leave something they've built from the beginning. Leaving the mafia, I worked years on end for felt like a thorn pricking in me, but it shouldn't have been. But this was the right decision, and I always knew it would be the moment I got involved with Scarlett.

"As you may have heard, I've won over the custody of Dalia and some of you have heard that I'm ending this, I'm ending the mafia." A few heads were lifted high, and a few gasps were heard amongst my people but as I look around the room, there was a sense of happiness and support in what I was deciding to do.

"We're happy with your decision, Sir." One of them speaks up and honestly, I was afraid that they would disagree with my decision but hearing that made me feel at rest.

"Thank you," Clearing my throat, a smile fades onto my lips, "Thank you for sticking by me for many years, for believing that this could end up being something bit, and it did. We did, we fought our enemies, and we had support from our allies and that's what matters the most.

"Sir, we want to thank you, though. You helped us get out of the rough and invited us into your life and today we're who we are because of you."

"Now I really want you to be who you want to be. Be free, live your life, enjoy what you're going to do," Pushing my hair back, I extend my hand out towards the door, finally letting them leave to be free, "Take care and with no hesitation, contact me if you're in need of help." Giving them one last smile, I suddenly felt much better seeing them go, seeing my past life vanish into something that doesn't even exist anymore.

"We sure will. Keep safe, sir." This was over. It finally was a new beginning for me and to my family. The mafia bought many troubles yet so many connections that I never expected to have happened.

I hear footsteps from behind, recognising them immediately which makes me let out a relaxed sigh. I turn around, seeing Scarlett with a cordial smile that only brings me nothing but peace. "I'm proud of you, you know." She slips out a whisper, I take her hand and pull her in to hug her.

"I wouldn't have been able to do it without you." Telling her, she embraces me tight, probably hearing how my heart was beating with pace.

"You did it all on your own, Elijah. No one would have the courage to leave something like that. I was only here to watch it happen, baby." She pulls away slightly, staring into me with those dreamy pupils that I could never take my eyes off.

"I feel so relieved, and this has been one of the greatest decisions of my life." It feels like a heavy weight being lifted off my chest.

"This—us—has been the best decision of my life and seeing you do things to make you feel better has never been so peaceful." Every word that utters out of Scarlett were words that I could hear forever, nothing bad comes out of her mouth, she's always trying to see the good in things and it always happens.