𝟐𝟎

We were almost close to getting Dalia back

We were almost close to getting Dalia back. Banging on Stanley's door, I could hear some shuffling and loud muffled voices which belonged to them. Waiting with anticipation, I just wanted to get my daughter out of there as soon as possible.

"Don't regret anything, Elijah," Scarlett whispers from behind and I shake my head, agreeing with her. Hearing the door open, William Stanley stands—blocking the view from behind. Peeking through the door, my heart trembles as I don't hear the voice of Dalia.

"My daughter, where is she?" Fists tightening into a ball, he lets out a chuckle throwing his head back—one filled with evil and destruction.

"You aren't getting her back." His coarse voice was tempting me to punch him across the face but I stop myself before doing so.

"Under his bail papers, he is legally allowed to take his daughter back. Give her back." Stepping in front of me, Scarlett shows a set of different papers which almost takes the soul out of him. Now it was me—chuckling. He thought he could get away from it but his plans went to fail.

There was ruffling coming down the stairs and I knew exactly who it was. Pushing past William, I see my daughter run towards me. I drop down onto my knees and she jumps straight into my arms.

Peace—it was fucking peace. Squeezing my eyes shut, I embrace the touch of my little girl and though it was just hours away from her, it felt like it was longer. I let a slip of tear out, holding her tight against my body.

"Princess." Breathing out, I pull her away and kiss her forehead. Her cheeks were puffy and it looked like she'd been crying for hours.

"Dada!" The greatest smile forms on her face, she pulls me back into a hug and I couldn't help it but let my tears fall.

"Are you okay, my princess?" Whispering to her, she pushes back and shakes her head whilst looking around the room.

"I don't lik it hwr." She pouts her lips and I swear on my life if I find out they did something to her, I won't give it a second to shoot a bullet through their heads.

"I know baby, we're going home now okay? And I'm not leaving you again." Standing back up, I pick her up in my arms and walk out of the house. William had the face of the devil—infuriated that this was happening. I watch Scarlett wave at Dalia who does the same back and before we leave, I glare at him since he tries to get close to me.

"Clearly your plan failed. You aren't going to get away with this." Snarling at him, he slams the door right in front of us—out of anger—and I look at Scarlett, proud of what we did.

"Let's get you home, sweetheart," Scarlett says to Dalia, kissing her cheek as we leave.

Walking to the car, Dalia was silent. She hasn't said a word apart from what she said inside. Looking down at her, she looked tired but scared and I don't blame her. I was scared for her. I was worried that this might affect her and maybe it already has.