𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

-DALIA'S POV-

Destiny, that's what my name means, yet it seems that meaning led me somewhere else in life. My destiny saved me, she—my mother—saved me from the hell of my grandparents. Scarlett gave me and my father a new life and her being part of it is something I'll be grateful for the rest of my life.

The fragility brought in my life will always stick with me, but my parents slowly plastered each wound, repairing me to become the person my grandparents never wanted me to become.

"Sweetheart, can I come in?" Something about hearing my father's voice makes me ecstatic and at peace. A smile stumbles on my lips, calling him to come in. I watch him walk in, and I've never felt luckier to have a father like him.

"Dad, you know you can't buy me gifts every time you come back from a trip." Looking at the gift in his hand, a small giggle escapes my lips as I get up to greet him.

"And you know that I can't control myself," He chuckles, opening his arms to let me hug him. "You're going to love it." I let out a sigh, he kisses my forehead and hands me the gift box. My father gets me gifts unexpectedly, he does it for me, he does it for Mom and for the new addition to the family.

"You're crazy Dad, always buying us gifts. You know your love is enough for us."

"Open it before I take it back from you, kiddo," He raises his brows, pressing his lips together and almost tries to snatch the box away. "Thought so. Now open it."

As I open the gift box, my heart constricts and slowly beats as my eyes stare at it. "Dad, you bought me a necklace with a dahlia? You remembered that my other one broke." Tears shed down my eyes, looking at the necklace that almost looked exactly like my old one.

"Sweetheart, it is the one you broke. I got it fixed," Looking at him through teary eyes, I didn't know how to react so instead I broke down into tears. "Hey, princess, I didn't get it back for you to cry. What's wrong?"

My dad pulls me into his arm, I let the tears roll down my cheek, wetting his shirt. "D-Dad." An overwhelming feeling hits me, I felt like I needed to cry in his arms, but I didn't know why.

"Talk to me, Dalia."

Pulling away, I wipe my tears and plaster a smile on my face as I look at him. "It's nothing, Dad. I'm justall this makes me realise how lucky I am to have this family." I take the necklace out and hand it to him, "Help me wear it, please."

"Dalia, let me tell you something," As he helps me wear the necklace, he sucks in a breath, not knowing what he was going to say, "I understand how you feel. Everything feels too good to be true right? But in fact, it's because we've never left each other from the beginning."

My dad was right in what he was saying because we've stuck with each other as one family, nothing seems to come our way. Yes, of course, we have small fights, but it's nothing serious to drive us apart.

The relationship I share with my father has always been the same ever since I was a baby. All the stories he shared with me were the formation of this strong bond. He's told me the truth about everything and it's that which makes us stick together.

Scarlett and I share another bond. It's a bond that no one could break even if we were miles away. There's not one day where she treated me as if I wasn't her daughter, and there's not a day where I don't call her my mom.

"Mom is the greatest gift in my life," Speaking about Mom always makes my dad's cheeks blush, one praise about her and his lips curl into a smile like no other. "You're lucky Dad."