𝟒𝟐

FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK

Marriage—an official bond of friendship, something so deep and loving. Our love has become so strong that I would sacrifice everything for him and so would he. And I'd like to believe that our marriage was written the moment we met.

I was finally at a point where I felt living was right. All those events that have happened were like a path to light. Elijah was my light even though he was going through his own darkness, but we relit each other's light.

I never thought I'd be here today, marrying someone who was supposed to be just my client. But everything between us has always felt right.

However, the only thing—personmissing was my mother. Every day I pray she came back but it was all in my head. She's never going to come back, and I have to accept that. And I know, she would want me to be happy today whilst thinking of her.

"You ready, Scarlett?" Looking with the corner of my eyes I see Aurelia walk in with a bouquet of flowers for me to hold. I only told her about it because I needed someone as a witness and there was no other person than her to be it.

"More than ready." Smiling at her, I take the bouquet and inhale the fresh scent of the flowers. It takes me a moment to realise that Elijah chose my favourite flowers and assembled them himself.

"He's nervous, you know." My eyes blink at hearing her words, cheeks heating up in seconds just thinking about Elijah standing and waiting for me. This wedding wasn't anything big, we didn't invite everyone because it was unexpected but there's no other way I would want it. All I wanted was to just be married to him.

"I had a feeling he would be," Letting out a small chuckle, I take in a deep breath and slip my hand into Aurelia's. "Walk me down, please?" Asking her, she bobs her head without hesitation, smiling at the fact that I asked her.

Walking out of the room, the silence consumed into me, feeling every excitement enter me the closer we walk into the ceremony hall. From the distance I see Dalia stand with Colleen by the door, waiting for me and in her hand were some flowers, ready to be thrown.

"M-Mommy!" The moment Dalia sees me, there was something in her smile that almost gave me the confirmation she approved of all this. Dalia has always been the girl I considered as my daughter, she always be and no matter what happens in the future, my love for her will never change.

"Hi, baby. You look very pretty." Kneeling down, I kiss her forehead, admiring the way she was dresseddressed like a princess.

"Thank you, Mommy. Y-You look pwtty." She says back and I felt a few tears well up in my eyes, but I stop them from falling before they ruined my makeup.

"Let's get inside before we keep your dada waiting." The doors open into a property owned by Elijaha property that contained a horse barn, overlooking the reception inside. It was something so ethereal, something so grandeur.