𝟐𝟗

Misery is bruised within me, on me, it's everywhere and just like the physical bruises on my body, it takes time for this angst to disappear

Misery is bruised within me, on me, it's everywhere and just like the physical bruises on my body, it takes time for this angst to disappear. I had time to render the pain, to reduce it but all of this has made this cope, all this strength was collapsing into dust.

They informed me that Dalia was with the Stanleys again and Scarlett, I have no fucking idea and all I can think about is that she's left for good. Being behind the cell makes it hard, it makes me mad, irritated that I can't be out there with my daughter, with the love of my life.

My head was resting on the table, almost like my soul has left my body, dead, and never in my life have I felt so empty in my mind, my soul, so bereft of feeling alive. This is the first time in years that I've felt wretched and cold and this time it wasn't because of my parents.

It was because of me.

I could hear the vile words about me, I could hear them talk about how Sebastian was killed but it was nothing I was ashamed of. He deserved to die, and he deserved to be killed by me. After everything he put me through with Amira, I brought justice to myself.

"Miller, you need to answer some questions." I wasn't bothered about who entered the room, but they pull my collar and drag my head up so that I face them. My body was so lifeless to the point where I couldn't feel anything.

"I'm not answering anything." I'm waiting for her. Looking him in the eye, I somehow compose myself and some of that anger I still had buried in me was getting released now. My hands fist together, close to slamming it on the table but if I did, the officer in front of me would've detained me further.

"You won't be able to walk out free then. The sentence is twenty years in prison, twenty years without your daughter—"

"I suggest you keep my daughter's name away from your mouth." Seething, I was testing my patience, but it was already slowly vanishing the more he spoke.

"Why did you kill Sebastian Whitlock?" He changes the subject, placing a photo of Sebastian's body in front of me and I burst out chuckling. No remorse for seeing his dead body, it was satisfaction in my eyes and when I look up at the officer, he looked like he could kill me.

"I'm waiting for my lawyer." Scarlett, I just need her to be here. I promised to never speak a word if she wasn't present to wait but how long do I need to wait for her to come? This time around, he starts laughing, shaking his head like he knows something.

"Do you really think Miss Ester is going to come and save you now?" He's just getting into my head; I know he is. He leans in close, smirking at me thinking that I was done for, but it was quite the opposite.

"I really think you should watch what you say, my girl is going to walk through those doors soon." Jaw clenching, I stare at him intensely, he moves his to the door of the station and clicks his tongue together, "I will get out of here and you will be the first one to fucking watch."