𝟑𝟓

Spending the last hour or so at the police station was getting to my head

Spending the last hour or so at the police station was getting to my head. The nurse wasn't opening her mouth and the police weren't doing anything to make her talk. I needed answers for what happened to my mother, I needed revenge for what the Stanley's did to her and to Elijah.

"Miss Ester, I suggest you go back home, she isn't going to speak for a while." A police officer comes up to me but frustration creases in my brows and I walk right into the investigation room. "Miss Ester, you're not allowed—"

"I'm a lawyer, I have legal rights!" Cutting him off, I see the nurse sitting back on the chair unbothered about the whole situation, a grin resting on her face as she glances at me. Squinting my eyes at her, she lets out a snicker, "You killed my mother." Seething at her, s11he shuts right up and looks right into my eyes.

"I did and if I had to, I'd kill her over and over again," She was getting on my nerves, my body itches to do something but I had to control myself, "She deserved to die especially when they couldn't kill you."

My heart clenches into something tight—a very familiar feeling that doesn't want to vanish every time something happens. Something bad because nothing has been good.

"What makes you think you'll live though? You're charged with first degree murder," Seething, I grind my teeth together, feeling the fury across my face and she bursts out into chuckles. This bitch. "The Stanley's won't bail you out, they probably don't care that you're here." Just as she was pushing my limits, I was doing the same to her and clearly, she didn't like the idea of it.

"But you care that your mother died. Oh, it must have been exciting seeing that white foam coming out of her mouth." Her evil chuckles echo in the room, and it doesn't take me a second to haste over to her and grab her by the throat.

She starts choking, my mind blanking out as I tighten my hand around her throat. "Say. That. Again. I dare you." Grunting, I could hear her try to catch her breath with struggle just the way my mother couldn't breathe after the poison got to her.

I was suffocating her. My mother was suffocating just like that.

"L-Let go o-of m-me." Chuckles echo into the empty room again but this time they belonged to me. What she and the Stanley's caused my mother, what he made Elijah to go through was being released into strangling her.

"You're going to die and so will the Stanley's," I never let myself speak with anger but for the longest time now it's been hidden and now was the time to release it, "I will watch you die, the way you made me watch my mother die." Stopping every tear welling up in my eye, I didn't realise my fingertips were pressing tighter than I should be until someone pulled me away.

Letting out a grunt, the officer holds me back as I try to attack her again. "Miss Ester, you need to calm down. I'm sure you don't want to be arrested yourself." Pushing him away, I fix my hair and attire before walking out of the room.