𝟑𝟖

A home

A home. Or what I used to call just a house. This place, these walls have been consumed with love and a sense of belonging which Scarlett has bought in. I was always scared that my home would be an empty one, that I'd have to watch Dalia grow up with just me by her side and I'd grow up alone.

Watching her sleep beside me, she looked absolutely breathtaking as she sleeps with peace. Pushing a strand of hair behind her ear, I kiss the top of her forehead letting my lips linger for more than a second.

"So, fucking beautiful," Whispering close to her, she moves slightly and wraps her arm around my abdomen. I let out a chuckle, locking my hands with hers. "I know you're awake, darling." Looking down at her, she flutters her eyes open to look back at me.

"Shouldn't have whispered those words to me." I could've sworn I heard a moan slip out of her mouth as our naked bodies touch each other.

"Can't help it when you're perfect in every way," She hums, closing her eyes back again and falling into my chest. "You can't go back to sleep, baby." Almost whining, she giggles and tightens her arm around me.

"I'm not going back to sleep. I'm just resting in your arms," Speaking with her eyes close, I could tell she wanted to say more, and she did, "I've missed you being here, Elijah, and I don't want to let go this time."

"You know I—"

"Because the last time I let go, I almost lost you forever," Sucking in a deep breath, her eyes open with hidden tears but I quickly wipe them away before she let them roll down her cheeks. "I can't let you go anywhere." She whispers, cupping my cheek with her left hand, forming a small smile across her lips.

"I'm not going anywhere. I promise you." Kissing her slowly, she hums to let me know that she's reassured by what I said. Her lips were sealed with mine with a new beginning for the both of us, her touch was a sign of not letting go and I was going to assure her that nothing will ever happen like that.

"I'm always going to be here, Elijah. That's my promise."

Sitting up, I push my hair back and place my head on the bed frame. I look up to the ceiling, feeling every flesh of pain reappears again. Closing my eyes for a moment, I feel Scarlett pull up next to me, placing her hand on my arm to get my attention.

"You okay?" A small whisper leaves her mouth, I keep quiet because I didn't know what to say back.

"You know, as much as it feels so fucking great to be out of prison, I'm still somewhat afraid that they're still out there trying to frame me. I lost people, Scarlett. I was manipulated, I was hurt mentally and tortured physically. I almost lost my daughter. How am I meant to just forget everything?"

Everything came across my mind in a rush, and I know I shouldn't be thinking of all the stuff that happened, but being home with my daughter only makes me realise what I've been through. And no matter how hard I try to forget it, a part of my life will always be associated with the past.