Chapter 5: Patches

(Dreams pov)

I wake up to the door being opened.

I start to panic and pull the blanket over my mouth. The vet walks over to me.

"Do you want to see her?"

I nod.

"I'll give you a few minutes"

The vet walks out of the room shuting the door behind them. I get out of the bed and change into fresh clothes. I grab my mask and put it on. I stand up and take my phone. I pick up my charger and pick it in my backpack.

I walk over to the door and open it. I walk out of the room and into a different room. I see a vet next to Patches. I walk up to Patches. Patches licks my hand as I pat her.

The vet looks at me.

"She will be okay just a broken leg thats all"

"Thank you" I say

"You can take her home"

"Okay" I say. I run back to the room get get all my stuff.

I put my backapack back on and run back to Patches. I pull out the cat cage and carefully put her in. I walk back to the car and unlock it. I put Patches in the passenger seat and put the seatbelt on.

I shut the door and walk around to the drivers side. I open the door and get in. I shut the door and put my seatbelt on. I start the car and drive back home.

I get home and get out of the car. I shut the door and I open the passenger seat door. I grab the cat cage then shut the door. I lock the car and walk to the door. I unlock the front door and walk inside.

I shut and lock the front door behind me. I get down on my knees and open the cat cage. I pick Patches up and carefully put her on the lounge. I put the cat cage away.

I walk into the kitchen. I finish cleaning the dishes. I put all the beer bottles in the bin and walk into the lounge room but first I unpacked my backpack. I walk into the lounge room and sit down next to Patches.

I pick Patches up and put her on my lap. I start patter her and she licks my hand and fingers. I giggle and take my mask off. I put it on the coffee table and grab the TV remote. I look through the TV and nothing was on.

I sigh and go into Disney+ and pick a movie. I pick Wreck-It ralph and click play. I look at my phone to see a lot of messages from George. I look down at Patches who was wanting attention. I put my phone down and start pating Patches as well as giving her scratches.

Patches licks my hands. I smile and look at the TV, Patches also looks at the TV.

We both seat and watch the movie for the rest of the dat