Chapter 8

Y/n's POV

We decided we wanted to watch Dazed and Confused. Everyone had they're snack and a blanket. Sarah so kindly lended me her fluffy one.

I sat on one of the couches as the movie played. Rafe sat next to me and Topper and Sarah set together of course.

Kelce was already passed out in one of the chair with his mouth wide open. I chuckled quietly as I glanced over at him. I looked back at the tv as Kevin Pickford popped up on the screen.

"Oh my god I would literally marry him." I had to say it I just had to.

"Oh my god same." Sarah said.

"Hey back off, you already have someone." I said chuckling.

"Yea I'm right here." Topper said.

"Shush." Sarah said and we all laughed.

I glanced over at Rafe and decided to get more comfortable.

I threw my legs over his lap so I could lay down.

"Thanks big boy, just needed more space you know?" I said turning my head back to the tv.

I saw him smirk as he gripped my waist and pulled me closer, so now my feet were dangling off the side and my thighs were draped over over his has he held my leg with one hand. Then he went on his phone as if that didn't just happen.

I smirked and kept watching the movie.

By the time it was over, it was well over the time I probably should have been home, but I had a great time so it was worth it

Rafe was passed out with his head leaned back, still holding my legs.

I sat up and pulled my legs away causing him to wake up.

"Sorry, but I have to go home or my mom will kill me." I whispered to him.

"Oh yea, do you need me to drive you home?" He asked me.

"Yes please if you can." I told him.

"Yea of course. Come on." He said standing up.

We walked up stairs and put our shoes on. As he grabbed his keys off the hook Ward came out of now where.

"Where you going?" He asked.

"Dad I just- I just gotta take her to- back home." He stuttered.

"Sorry Mr. Cameron. The movie ran a little later then we though. My house is just around the block, I just don't want to walk alone." I told him looking innocent as ever.

"That's fine hon, Rafe just be back right after you drop her off." He said changing his persona immediately.

"Thank you, it won't happen again." I said with a sweet smile as Rafe opened the door.

"I'll be back dad." Rafe said quietly as his persona changed as well.

Once we were in the car it was silent. And not a comfortable silence either.

He seemed more nervous after the encounter with his dad.

"Rafe?" I said

"Hmm?" He hummed.

"Can I ask you a question that... that may be a little personal?" I questioned.

"Yea I guess." He said unsure of himself.

"Well, I just... I was wondering what the whole deal is with you and your dad... I don't want to overstep or anything, I've just never seen you so uncomfortable. I mean like I just felt the air get thicker.... You know what nevermind I shouldn't have said anything that totally my bad I'm sorry I didn't-" I rambled.