Chapter 35

Y/n's POV

It had been 2 weeks since everything had happened. Everything was pretty normal.

Christmas was only a couple weeks away, me and Rafe were going smooth, school felt like it was getting easier everyday considering they're making us use laptops now. I'm cheating my way through high school.

It's to easy.

Sarah still kind of messed up about Topper. Hasn't spoken to him.

But she was definitely distracted. She was with a new guy every night. She had a date, or a party, or a hook up, anytime I saw her.

We never hung out anymore. I know she needed healing time but damn bitch I can help. She's gonna regret sleeping with all these guys eventually. I mean she broke up with Topper and then lost her virginity to Mason Clark.

They've never even spoke.

But she doesn't listen to me so there wasn't much I could do.

Kelce had completely dropped Chrissy, thank god. He was mad I didn't say anything that night but I told him it simply wasn't my business. He was still pissed but eventually dropped it realizing if I had said anything it would have killed the mood for the whole night.

Adrian was doing a lot better but still wouldn't be home for Christmas. We were able to go visit him though.

My mother lately, seemed to be working less, and drinking more. I was starting to worry about her honestly. She hadn't been the same since everything happened with Adrian. Honestly she'd been acting weird since the girls moved.

I think she felt lonely and I wasn't exactly filling that space being with Rafe and my friends all the time.

I wanted to be there for her, but there was like this block between us and it just kept growing.

Talking to her was awkward and almost nonexistent. But any time she was home the energy just felt off. She seemed off. I didn't know how to help either.

She refused to talk about it.

So I decided to leave it alone and let her find her way out of whatever funk this was. It's not like I could do anything.

Other than that, everything just seemed to good to be true.

It was the end of the school day and the Pogues and I were going fishing. And by fishing we meant we were gonna go get drunk in the marsh while technically fishing, but mostly getting drunk.

Rafe had work tonight and wouldn't be done till late. Someone was having a wedding in the venue at the country club and Rafe got stuck working it.

"So Ki-Ki how've you been?" I asked Kie as we sat in the front of the boat.

"Ive been just riding the wave man. Riding smooth." We were already pretty high.

"I feel like we haven't hung out in forever. Or spoken." I said.

"That's because we haven't. Your always with Rafe and Sarah." She seemed a little bitter but I couldn't blame her.

"Yea that's my bad I know. If it makes you feel better I haven't been hanging out with Sarah." I told her.

"What did she drop you?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Topper cheated and she's filling her time with random hook ups." I told her and she nodded as if it made sense.

"Not surprised honestly." She shrugged.

"But I really am sorry for shining on you guys. There no excuse to be honest. I really miss you guys though, I want to start hanging out more." I told her as I heard and felt the boat slow down.