Chapter 16

Rafe's POV

It had been 3 weeks since me and Y/n had went on our date.

We still weren't together yet, but that's mainly because I had absolutely no idea how to ask her. I wanted it to be special but I didn't wanna ask her on our first real date.

It's to cheesy.

I was still with her everyday, but now she was on her period. I had never had to deal with a female on her period.

Sarah made it seem like the worst thing in the world. She was angry and then crying and then hungry.

"I fucking hate my life." Y/n on the other hand was clingy and then crying and then angry.

Similar but not the same at the same time.

"I just don't understand how it works mom. You know that math has always been my worst subject and I never learned this shit!" She cried as we tried to help her with her home work.

"Sweet heart this is simple math-"

"No it isn't because it's not simple for me clearly. So fuck this homework, fuck school, and fuck these god damn teachers for making me feel so fucking stupid!" She said as she stomped up the stairs and slammed her door.

"Well I'm not about to deal with her right now." Her mom looked at me and I went upstairs.

I knocked before going in and she was curled up on her bed crying.

"Go away!" She shouted.

"I'm not gonna do that." I said as I shut the door behind me and crept over to the bed.

"Rafe I'm sorry but I am not in the mood. If you come near me, I will tie you down and rip your finger nails out one by one!!" She jumped from under the covers and looked at me with pure anger. Then her face dropped.

"Oh shit... I'm sorry Rafe. I didn't mean to-"

"It's ok sweetheart. Let's lay down ok?" I said crawling into the bed with her as her bottom lip quivered.

"I'm really sorry." She whimpered.

"I know honey it's ok." I said as I pulled her over to me.

"No let me hold you I feel bad." She yanked me over so I was laying on her chest instead. I chuckled quietly to myself and wrapped my arms around her waist getting comfortable.

"I like it when you call me honey. It's sweet." She sniffled before kissing my forehead.

"I like your boobies." I said it to break the tension but I wasn't lying.

"Oh my goodness go to sleep." She giggled and I smiled knowing she felt a little better.

Y/n's POV

I was in my period. How fun. If you can't tel already, that was sarcasm.

After mine and Rafes nap, he had to go home because his dad had found him a job.

So now here I was all by myself. Well not actually, Kie came over because I told her I needed to cuddle and Rafe left me.

So now my head was in her lap as she played with my hair and watched A Nightmare On Elm Street.

"Why did he leave?" Kie asked

"His dad got him a job. Probably wanted to make sure he wasn't dead either. He's been here for weeks damn near." I told her.

"Ohh. Well, when is he gonna be back? I don't wanna leave you but I have the night shift at The Wreck." She told me.

"It's ok you can go if you need to." I told her.

"I don't have to right now but I'm a little bit." She said and it was quiet for awhile.

"So... you and Rafe... how's that been?" She asked hesitantly.

"It's been really good. It's kind of hard to ignore what everyone is saying about him, but I feel really good about him. He's never done anything to make me question him. It almost feels to good to be true if I'm being honest." I told her and she hummed in response.

"What about you? Do you have any secret lovers your other telling me about?" I giggled and so did she.

"No I don't, I'm just me." She said.

"Come on there has to be someone. I mean I know the whole No Pogue on Pogue macking but you and JJ would make seriously cute babies." I said and she smacked my arm.

"That's just gross! I know things about JJ that no one else does. Trust me. It'll never happen." She said and we died laughing.

After we had recovered from our laugh attack I looked up at Kie and she had a sad look on her face.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"Well, there is someone I really like. But it wouldn't work out." She said as she twirled a strand of my hair.

"Well why not? He can't be that bad." I asked her.

"That's the problem. It's not a he, it's a she." She told me.

"Oh yea I forgot your kinda gay." I gasped.

"I've never told anyone!" She said quickly.

"You don't have to girly you can tell." I told her and her jaw dropped.

"It's ok Kie, same. But you gotta tell me who it is." I said.

"Doesn't matter. She likes someone else. It's ok though. I have the whole island to pick from." She smiled

"And that's the kind of energy you should have. I'm gonna go shower. You gotta go huh?" I asked

"Yea I do, I'll see you later though. I think we're all gonna go to the château tonight so if your feeling up for it you should come." She said as we both got up.

"I might stop by for a little. I'll text you if not." I told her.

"Ok, see ya." She hugged me and walked out.

I grabbed some skater shorts and an oversized T and hopped in the shower.

When I got out I made myself a smoothie and the girls wanted one to so I gave them the extra left over since it was getting late.

I decided I was gonna binge watch American Horror Story in honor of Spooky Season, and waited till it was time to go to the château.