Chapter 29

Rafes POV

After rushing out the door, I went to Barry's house. I had to tell him I didn't know if Adrian was gonna lie for him or not.

And I had a feeling Barry would blame me. I really can't have that happen. Things have been going really good for me lately. I mean I have a decent job, I'm on good term with my family, I have awesome friends. And of course there's Y/n. Thing got better for me when I met her.

And Barry can and will fuck that up.

When I pulled up to the trailer, he was already on the porch pacing around.

"What the fuck man?" He asked as I walked in.

"Look man I don't know what's gonna happen. He was seizing when I got there." I ran my fingers threw my hair nervous for what could happen.

"Fuck man!" He yelled. I watched his body language carefully.

His arms were hung by his side and his fingers wiggled nervously. He was blinking quickly and he kept clenching his jaw. He was still pacing the room as I stood in the corner just waiting.

"Alright look-" He put his hand up to his face and started scraping his beard.

"-Call your girl, and see how much information she can get." He pointed at me.

"I can't do that to her right now. Her brother just overdosed. She still freaking out right now. I shouldn't even be here right now dude." I told him.

"Well you gotta figure something out man because I refuse to go to jail or some rich white boy." He said as he finally stopped moving.

"Dude there's nothing I can do right now. What do I look like going up there and asking him to lie. This isn't what they should be focusing on right now." I tried to get through to him.

It was quiet again as we began to think of other options. Then my phone rang.

"It's y/n." I said

"Put it in speaker." Barry came closer to me as I answered the phone.

"Hello?" I questioned.

"Hi baby are you ok?" She sounded tired and her crying from earlier added to the rasp.

"I'm ok, you find anything out about Adrian?" I asked her.

"Yea, he's awake. And because I know that asshole is listening right now he lied for you. Told the cops he found it and got curious." She said and I felt the tension in the room loosen.

"Oh thank fuck." Barry said as he walked away.

"I'm sorry I walked out earlier. I just had to make sure everything was ok." I told her as I walked to the bathroom for a little privacy.

"It's ok I know you meant well. Are you coming back here tonight or are you going home?" She asked

"I'll come back to yours if that's ok." I told her.

"Yea of course. I'm gonna lock the door though just come in through the garage." She said.

"Ok, I'll be there in a little bit ok?" I told her and I could hear her settle in her bed.

"Ok baby. I'll probably be sleep but ok. Bye bye." She said before I hung up. I rubbed my face before going out to the porch again.

"So she's got you in a leash huh?" Barry said as I sat on the couch.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Your her bitch and you don't even know it. Sad. It's cute though. Country Club finally found someone to calm his ass down. I was getting worried for you I'm not gonna lie." He said as he lit a blunt.