Chapter 44

Y/n's POV

Today is my birthday bitchesss!!

I'm finally 16, which means I can go get my license and a car which are two things the Pogues decided to take me too.

"I can't believe you finally 16. I feel like your younger than all of us." JJ said.

"That's because I am dumbass." I told him as I sat propped up in the van.

"Yea but you act older than all of us so like I don't know I just forget." He shrugged as we pulled into the DMV. (We're gonna act like you don't need an a daily to get your license.)

"It's ok. Now I'll be right back. With a license of course." I smiled as I hopped out.

John B came with because he looked the oldest and could pass as my older brother. After waiting for a while a man came out and told me it was time to take the test.

We got into the student driver car just the two of us, and we walked through the steps as I pulled off.

Now I knew how to drive obviously. I'd done it millions of times before. But my problem now was actually following the rules.

I'm a reckless driver.

By the end of that, I was told I had passed and said they'd be sending my license in the mail.(Yall I still don't have my license so idk how this goes.)

"So...?" Pope asked as we got back in the van.

"I passed!" I yelled showing them the paper that I'd use until I got my license.

They all started cheering and JJ shook me so hard I'm sure my brain shook.

"Ok chill chill. It's still 10 in the morning what do you wanna do?" I asked them.

"It's your birthday miss girl. What do you wanna do?" Kie asked as I leaned against her and she played with my hair.

"Mmm I want to go lay out and tan. Just relax. I feel like I'm always doing something." I told them.

"We could go have a spa day. Make the bus take car of us." She snickered and so did I.

"That sounds pretty fun. You guys wanna be our slaves for the rest of the day?" I asked jokingly.

"That felt racially motivated." Pope joked back and I the a beer can.

"Ok now I sound like an asshole." I grumbled at him and he just laughed.

"Didnt Sarah get you like a spa package for your birthday?" John B asked.

"How's you know?" I asked him.

"Just a guess..." he shrugged and I looked at him suspiciously before ignoring it.

"Yea she did. But it's a package for 2 and I'm pretty sure she wanted me and Rafe to go. If I take Kie she'll hate me." I said. The mention of Rafes name cause an awkwardness to settle in the car.

"How about we go to the beach? Me and Kie can tan and you guys can go surf and stuff." I said cutting the tension.

"That's always a good time. Let's go." JJ said turning towards the way to the beach.

Thankfully we always seemed to have swimsuits on hand now. I had on right now under my clothes.

The surf boards were strapped to the top of the Twinkie and we always had towels. We stopped at the store for some snacks and Kie thankfully had her cooler so we grabbed drinks as well.

Then we went out to the beach.

"Your birthdays gonna be so fun." JJ boasted as me and Kie set up in the sand.