Chapter 42

Y/n's POV

When I got home that day I went to my room and haven't left since. And I didn't call Rafe like I said I would. I texted him though. I had a feeling his voice would piss me off.

Apparently he was helping his dad with something and wouldn't tell me what. If that was even true.

But it had now been a full week since I'd seen him and I hated it.

We still texted making sure each other was ok. I felt almost selfish for leaving.

And for not calling and for not seeing him since. I felt like a terrible person knowing he probably needed my help. I knew he was struggling with staying clean but it was clear he was trying to hide that.

Adrian had been home since the night of the party and had stayed clean that night minus a little weed.

I'd caught him up on everything and he told me what it was like in rehab. We talked about how bad our mom had gotten even know that he was back. We talked about everything, which is something I never thought would happen with Adrian.

He brought me food knowing I'd much rather starve then listen to my mother bitch at me about everything she could.

But now I had finished every episode of Jersey Shore and Every Twilight movie(again). I had done all my face masks and ate all the snacks in the house. And I'd definitely worn my sheets considering how bad my room stunk. Which also meant I needed a shower today.

So I forced myself out of bed. I clean the garbage and dishes. The outfits from late night fashion show with Kiara who had been over everyday since finding out what happened. I washed my sheet and pillow vases before jumping in the shower myself.

While I'm the shower, the only thing my mind was brought back to was Rafe. Like always.

It's not like we'd broken up. But it was like there was something wedged between us. Even while texting it felt so awkward which I didn't understand. Everything had felt natural with him. Since the day we met. But now it was different. And I hated that more than not seeing him.

So I decided that that's what I'd do. I was gonna go see him today.

When I got out of the shower I texted him asking what he was doing today.

He never answered.

As I did my makeup and hair I texted him again asking if he was ok.

Still no reply.

I got dressed and finally tried to call him since he'd been answering everyday. This is the first time he hadn't.

He didn't answer the phone.

I sighed annoyed but grabbed my purse and vape and left anyways.

When I went to the Cameron's residents, Rose answered the door.

"Hey sweetie it's been a while." She smiled pulling me into a hug.

"Hi Rose, is Rafe here?" I asked her.

"No honey I thought he was with you. He hasn't been home in a week." I sighed and thanked her for her help before I left.

I went to Kelce and Toppers house and he wasn't there either. And hasn't been all week.

I went to his work and he was no where in sight.

In the back of my head I knew where he was the moment Rose answered the door. I just had a feeling.

But I didn't want him to be there, so I searched all around this stupid island at any possible place he could be.

"Ok thank you Lia." I swallowed about to walk out.