Chapter 12

Rafes POV

I had been glancing over at Y/n for a while now and she seemed deep in thought. Her eyebrows were scrunched tightly and she chewed at her nails. Her leg was bouncing under the covers and she seemed like she was struggling.

I remembered her ankle and decided to get her an ice pack.

"I'll be right back." I told her. I walked out of the room and went to the kitchen as quick as possible. I grabbed an ice pack and a paper towel to wrap around it.

I went back upstairs and proper her foot up with the ice pack over her ankle.

"I was gonna do it earlier but I forgot." I told her, which is true.

"Hey Rafe...?" I looked down at her and she looked up at me with the most innocent look on her face. Hard to believe she was slamming FourLokos and nearly face fucking Kie just a few hours ago.

"What's up?" I asked her.

"Can I please cuddle with you?" She asked she kept her eyes on mine.

"Yea." I chuckled and went back over to the bed laying next to her.

She crawled over to me and laid her head on my chest as her leg draped over my waist. My hand landed on her thigh as my other arm wrapped around her so I was playing with her hair.

"I just put that ice pack on your ankle." I said and she brought the ice pack over my body so she could lay it on her ankle.

I twirled her hair around my finger, being gentle, making sure not to pull to hard.

Her face nuzzled into the side of my neck. Her breathing slowed and I knew she was on the verge of sleep.

"Rafe..?" She said again. This time in a softer raspier voice.

"Yes princess?" I smiled

"Can I ask you a question that might come of kind of offensive?" She asked

"What are you gonna ask?" I chuckled as I pulled away slightly so I could see her face. She paused and looked up at me, fear covering her face.

"Ok look, I can't tell if your trying to play me or fuck me or, like I don't know I'm just trying to figure out what you are wanting to come out of this... Because I really like you and I clearly have feelings for you and if that's not what your looking for then I need you to tell me know because I don't need another asshole guy who's only being friendly because he wants sex..." She rambled as her face turned pale realizing what she said.

"Shit.. I'm sorry, it sounded a lot better in my head but now I realize that that was really bitchy... fuck I'm sorry I'm just gonna, I'm just gonna go-" She stood up from the bed and tried to remember where she had put her clothes.

"Y/n." I said

"-home and I'm sorry you don't ever have to talk to me again-"

"Y/nnnn." I said ago .

"-if I offended you I'm sorry that's not really what I think of you-"

"Y/n!" I shouted and she finally stopped talking. She started playing with her fingers as she stood there awkwardly, barely even putting weight on her hurt ankle.

I went over to the edge of the bed and pulled her to me by her hips.

"Listen... I know you've heard stuff about me... and a lot of it is probably true. I don't know how things were for you with guys in the past but I need you to know that I like you to... a lot. I've done a lot of fucked up shit and I don't have really any excuse for that, but I'd never hurt you. Not on purpose at least. Im terrible at this kind of stuff but what im trying to say, is im not trying to fuck you or play you. Your an amazing person and I really do want to get to know you more... why don't I take you out on a real date? Not some cheesy movie night in my bed. We can go to a nice fancy restaurant and we can take the ferry to the main land and go to the bookstore you were telling me that just opened. I'll prove to you that I'm here to stay... at least until you get tired of me." I smirked at the last part and she giggled with a perfect smile which had been plastered to her face since I told her I liked her.

"That sounds perfect." She had tears welling up in her eyes and I tried to contain my laugh but it didn't work.

"Stop it it's not funny, I'm trying not to be sappy but I can't." She wiped her eyes and I laid my head on her belly.

"I'm sorry. But seriously... and I'm sorry for ghosting you... even though you knew where I was... and that I was ok." I said as my smile lifted again.

"Whatever. You didn't tell me you were ok so how was I suppose to know. Because Kelce said so? Yea no." She said as her hands found their way to the back of my head as her fingers scraped through my hair.

We stayed there looking at each other for a second before I pulled her into my lap.

"So... does this mean we're like talking orrrr what?" She asked and I laughed again.

"We're talking... but only because I want to take things slow with you." I told her and she smiled sweetly.

"How slow?" She asked me.

"If your asking if you can make out with me then yes you totally can-"

"Ok cool." She cut me off and pulled me into a deep make out session.

Our lips moved in sink as my hands gripped her hips, while she lightly tugged at the back of my hair.

It wasn't sloppy or rough... it was slow and almost passionate. No tongue, just simply kissing.

She pulled away from the make out sesh and left a few more pecks on my lips before leaning her forehead on mine.

"Let's go to bed. Your eyes are drooping." I whispered and she giggled quietly.

I picked her up and laid her on the bed while landing on top of her so I was laying on the belly. Her hands fell to my hair as I held her thigh.

"Goodnight Rafe." She whispered.

"Goodnight princess." I whispered before falling asleep.

Y/n's POV

As he laid on my belly and fell asleep, my face was plastered with a smile.

I literally embarrassed the hell out of myself and he still kissed me. I still kind of wanted to murder him for ghosting for a month but... I guess that could wait.

I ran my fingers through his hair as his mouth plopped open, letting me know he was actually sleeping.

So I took that as my cue to relax myself, and go to sleep...