Chapter 38

Y/n's POV

Today is Valentine's Day.

Lately, me and Rafe had both been working our asses off. He working on paying his car off and I was just saving up money for college and so I'm able to get an apartment on campus.

College is a ways away but I don't want to depend on my mother for money.

That was what I told Rafe.

So we decided to split the day in half. We were lucky enough to get the day off but we both had things we wanted to do for each other.

We also stayed at the finest Kook hotel on the island the night before and for the night of.

So I got the first half of the day. At 8:00 we were gonna go to breakfast at Rafes favorite Diner on the beach. Not The Wreck but a smaller establishment on the other side of the Island.

After that, all he'd been wanting to do was go golfing. That's it. So that's what we were doing all morning up until lunch. Where I'm giving him motor cross tickets on the mainland.

Then I have no idea what's going on because it's all a surprise.

So right now I was up at the ass crack of dawn so I could get ready.

I had already showered and decided on something more simple then my everyday fishnets and crop-tops. I decided to dress full Kook.

A golfer. (Just use your imagination I'm sure y'all get the picture)

Obviously for more of Rafes entertainment then mine but it was cute. No it was hot I looked hot as fuck.

I even put my hair in a high pony  tail.

I put on a simple mascara and lip gloss because it was already hotter than fuck out and I didn't want my make up melting off my face.

Rafe was also getting ready. Now I tried keeping golfing a surprise but Rafe is persistent.

All he was asking about golfing and if that was his surprise and he just looked so cute. I caved.

In my defense he got me ice cream in exchange.

"Baby you ready!" Rafe knocked on my door.

"Yea one sec!" I shouted back as I tightened my ponytail.

I opened the door and his eyebrows lifted.

"Wow.." He said.

"You like it?" I smiled and did a little twirl.

"I do... I really do." He chuckled looking me up and down.

"Wore it just for you." I smiled kissing his cheek.

"It's definitely not what I'm use to. You know I love your style though right? Like I don't want you to change that." He reassured me.

"Thank you handsome I appreciate it. I just thought it'd be fun." I chuckled squishing his cheeks before walking past him.

"What time do we have to leave?" He asked.

"Like now." I told him grabbing my phone and much needed vape.

We headed out the door to the little diner on the other side of the island.

According to Rafe, it wasn't on Figure 8 like The Wreck. It was on the Pogues side of the island owned by a nice old couple, who'd been living here for years.

The whole way there Rafe had a big smile on his face.

"What's got you so smiley huh?" I asked him.

"I'm just happy. I haven't been here in a while. I can't wait to introduce you to Lia." He said.