Episode- XII The one who respects me.

It came to her in a dream or was it a dream of a dream, where the moon looks down at her and smiled, despite the thundering sky, fearless of the darkness slowly engulfing its light

It came to her in a dream or was it a dream of a dream, where the moon looks down at her and smiled, despite the thundering sky, fearless of the darkness slowly engulfing its light. The moon knew that the heavy gloom will soon engulf his aura, blanketing the cool silvery rays that lightened the once lonely sky, yet he smiled, knowing his glow might be foreshadowed but none can gulp the wrath of the sun. Those who tried were erased from existence and a few cowards returned with the agony of a lifetime.

When the chirruping of early birds reached his ears, he finally moved from the chair and slowly opens the window, welcoming a new day. The sharp light when fell on her peaceful face, he averted his eyes, and respectfully left the girl alone, to fend for herself. Footsteps in the distance alerted him about the arrival of maids and he made a beeline towards his chambers. A little tired and satisfied.

The moment he disappeared into his private chambers, Ambika enters the hallways of Rajwada Palace followed by two maids and an artist in tow. The clock has struck 7 and other ceremonies will start in about an hour. Gently knocking on the door of the new bride, she realized it was unlocked. Frowning at the carelessness of the girl, with a hard jaw Ambika enters the waiting hall and bursts into the bedroom.

Gauri was still out.

"Fill the bathtub for the princess and lay the accessories over the vanity." She mumbled and shook Gauri's shoulder.

"Wake up, princess. It is time to initiate your first day as the new daughter-in-law of this household." Gauri winced at the wiggling of pointy fingers in her soft flesh. Her eyes immediately open and she releases a squeak watching Ambika leaning close to her face. The view of an old woman draped in black, wearing no accessories and big eyes scared her to the core. This isn't what she wanted to see first thing in the morning. Her previous routine of waking up with closed eyes and praying to mother earth and sun god recoiled back with a grimace.

Ambika rolled her eyes and pulls the cover before tossing them in another maid's direction.

"Make the bed. Hurry up, princess. The queen mother has asked for your presence before the arrival of the priest." Gauri nodded sleepily and strolled towards the bathroom where a young maid passed her a tightlipped smile.

"I will help you bathe, your grace."

Her mind tumbled and her head almost hit the floor by the amount of respect in those words. But somewhere a blast went off at the mention of a bath.

"Umm... No. I can bathe myself. Please." The girl nodded with blush flooding her cheeks and she immediately exits the extravagant surroundings. Sighing in relief, Gauri locks the door and washes her face.

Finishing the morning routine and a quick shower, she wraps a towel around her dripping hair and wears a long robe. When she emerged from the bathroom, Ambika was nowhere to be found. Thankfully.

She passed a smile to the same maid who guided her towards the vanity and presented her in front of the make-up artist.

"Settle down, your grace. This madam has come from Delhi to ready you for today. First, we will have the Annapurna Devi Pooja in the kitchen, followed by Satyanarayana Pooja. Later, relatives and friends will arrive for the Mooh Dikhai ceremony to introduce themselves and welcome you into the house as the King's bride. In the evening, the Queen Mother has scheduled a reception in which his highness' business associates and their families will also take part. Since the wedding was a private affair, reception is held to share this happiness with everybody."