Episode XLIX- Relief after Terror

In the opulence of nature stood a beast, tenacious and determined

His stance is predatory, ready to devour any peril lurking in hindsight.

The counter of his muscles professes the tale of a warrior who never backs away from a fight.

His chest is puffed with valiance and his shoulders are rounded with unconquerable pride.

The intensity of those golden eyes that turns crimson sometimes, holds knowledge beyond comprehension, of both living and dead scourging the planet of great divine.

His gut is quivering with lust for blood and flesh, and his mind harbors the concept of superiority and hierarchy, but his heart holds the seed of emotions that only invigorates in the presence of his loved ones.

Although he was an entity of darkness, fearsome and unreal, he wasn't the slave of it- monstrosity and night.

As the moments of nightfall pass by and dawn strikes the sky, the tension in his frame slowly loosens before he sits on the ground and sighs. It was probably the most eventful and dangerous night of his life where he had fought using all his strength to save the soul of his lover and bride. The single thought of failing sends jolts of rage and terror down his spine. God forbid, if the outcome wasn't so positive, he would've died as well.

To survive, a man only needs two things in life- the food on his table and the sweet compassion of his other half and partner in crime. Now when he has time, he looks back and contemplates. How things would've been if she wasn't in the picture? He probably would have been the same loner, carrying the weight of the sinful truths on his shoulders. He would be still burning in guilt over things he had little control over and had nothing to look forward to. From nobody waiting at home to the mind-numbing distance between him and his parents.

Gauri has brought calm with her. A security. A surety. Under her influence, he has only progressed. Her presence not only helped him in moving from the past but also built a sound relationship between a mother and son.

Frankly, the monstrous side he come to hate didn't seem so bad after all. He wasn't abhorring himself anymore. She saw well in him and told him he deserved the world and wasn't alone.

God, he loves her and if someone tried to steal her, he will set the world on fire.

An odd chord struck him.

Love!

Did he just say love? A monster like him was capable of falling in love?

His breaths labored and his heart fluttered at the thought. The possibility shook him.

The chirping of birds, the cackle of a waterfall, and the whistle of tender gusts are disturbed by a sudden groan.

The ears of the beast immediately perks in the direction of the cave and he marches towards the female who never leaves his mind. Her frame was completely engulfed by the blanket leaving only the mass of dark hair and innocent hazel eyes visible. She blinks several times as she pushes the blanket away and stretches the tension in her limbs.