Episode LXXIII~ Raghuveer hopes.

An Inferno of Wrath, Reprisal and Apprehension, roar inside him as he leaves the infirmary behind. A bitter taste of betrayal lingered on his tongue. The putrid emotion almost made him gag. For a moment he assumed his eyes were playing games, but the shocked reaction of the audience made him believe it wasn't a lie. His father has walked out of the ward alone.

On his own.

What a perfect con!

For years, his mother has prayed non-stop for his father's recovery. She measured the globe for reliable doctors and cried herself to sleep. She begged him to speak, to react, to smile, for his paralyzed state was sucking the light and joy out of her. Yagya couldn't comprehend the amount of devotion she had shown in the past 6 years to aid a fraud, who had been fine all this time.

His jaw clenched in fury.

Because of his demented father, he grew up sooner. His mother had to shoulder more responsibilities.

But why did Raghuveer do it? Why did he spend 6 years in bed when he could've easily meandered on his two feet?

Some people are just born with tragedy in their blood.

At that thought, Yagya gulps. 'What ifs' attack his rational side and with each possibility, he found himself drowning in a well of darkness. Anything was possible in this cursed fort. What if the old man was suffering due to a spell all this time? A prisoner in his body! Watching, listening and registering everything. The naked dance of evil. Yet was unable to voice his thoughts or warn his loved ones. Or he must've discovered something forbidden that landed him where he was today.

As Yagya was nearing the Chitrakoot Palace, a thick stench of cold iron frozen in clotted blood reached his nostrils. The calcium in his bones churned and each atom constituting his frame quivered. His head spun. Too bewildered to feel the throbbing in his heart, he follows the lead of his wobbly limbs, which drag him towards the chaotic site.

His vision blurs as red assaults the optics of his soul, his spirit, and the raging hound clawing at the inside of his flesh. Something vibrated in his ears, and soon he realized it was the low and agitated growls reverberating in his chest. His skin has never itched like this before. He wanted to peel his flesh off to calm the disturbance scraping his vessels.

When Yagya finally enters the palace, the butchery brings him on edge. He has seen gore before. The pulled out entrails and decapitated skulls, but the experience was limited to that of other animals occupying the forest. He had often woken up entangled in the mass of carcass of deer and wildlings residing in the heart of the forest, after the painful and unforgettable nights of full moon.

But this spectacle was nauseous. The bile in his stomach churned at the sight of the men whom he appointed a few hours ago for the protection of his mother and wife.