Episode LXVI~ The Solution

As Vasundhara was reminiscing the past, unfolding the dirty secret of the royal ancestors in front of the future monarchs, a mixture of saturnine and scepticism bombarded the skulls of stunned spectators

Both Yagya and Gauri found it difficult to grasp. The insanity surrounding the forgotten story sent shivers down their spines. Gauri failed to control the accumulating tears burning her eyes and let them shed eventually when the soothing palm of her better half caressed the length of her spine.

Vasundhara looked equally broken. Her stammer was prominent throughout. Her words sounded slurred at times as the blurred memories haunted her vision. She didn't witness all that happened, but the inscribed torn pages caged at the back of her closet had screamed the truth right after Rajyavardhan's departure.

A sudden knock on the door shatters the morose hanging heavily in the air. Gauri's posture stiffened and she started wiping the remnants of tears from her cheeks. Yagya decides to answer the knock after a brief contemplation. Whoever was standing on the other side of the barrier, seemed pretty worked up. Their heartbeat was elevated and breathing was shallow.

As soon as the door was opened, security personnel came into view.

"What's wrong?"

"Your majesty, the guards... we have three casualties inside the Shiva-Shakti temple."

Vasundhara gasped overhearing the conversation and immediately climbed out of bed, ready to look into the matter. Gauri felt like all the power had been drained out of her limbs.

"Do we have footage?" Yagya asked sternly.

"Yes, sir. Although it isn't clear but still delivers the required evidence surrounding the crime scene."

"Fine. Alert the authorities and secure the area. I want all the guards to be dismissed after today's incident until further notice, save the 20 best men from Team Alpha. They are to guard the Chitrakoot Palace and make sure nobody enters, even the help."

Yagya added further in a stern tone leaving no room for discussion. Gauri stared at her trembling fingers, realizing how they were now imprisoned in their own house.

The guard left after receiving brief instructions and a stupefied Vasundhara cups her forehead, her fingers digging into her scalp.

"You shouldn't have dismissed the security after what happened today. Now, the entire fortress has only 20 men protecting it." She wailed in distress. Yagya's jaw clenched as he approached his mother and squeezed her trembling shoulders.

"You saw what happened today. The driver who attacked you was possessed and he ended up killing two innocent men. Mother, I can't live in agitation, mulling over who is going to be next. The less men, the better. I can easily keep an eye on them. At this moment, they need the protection equally. I can't put their lives in jeopardy. Moreover, it isn't like we are in any danger of getting attacked by a band of bandits. I cannot put my trust in anyone right now."