Episode XV- A Dark Night (II)

Cold fingers abraded her spine and she shivered before nestling deeper into the coverings

Cold fingers abraded her spine and she shivered before nestling deeper into the coverings. In the hush of night, an owl crew in the distance, infiltrating the thick fog of unconsciousness blanketing her mind. Various thoughts struck her at once.

Why were her feet so cold?

Why did the room stink?

As awareness knocked at her muddled senses, her eyes opened in apprehension.

Who's in the bed behind her?

The ruffling of sheets was perceived next, making her gulp. The rhythm of her heart soared, and her lips trembled. An icy touch grated her exposed thigh and with a jolt, she sat upright. Panting heavily, Gauri tossed the covers and scoured for any intruder. She swore she had felt someone shift behind her in sleep. The beating of windows caught her attention. A storm was brewing outside. Slowly climbing down from the bed, she approached the rattling windows to shut them against the rebellious- winds with difficulty.

Though the moment she accomplished the task, she wished she hadn't

In the glass window pane, she saw the reflection of two people, one of her own and another of a mysterious woman. She has onyx hair and was dressed in white, looking pale as a ghost. Slowly, the woman lifted a hand and placed it on Gauri's shoulder. Her eyes were empty, her expressions scary, and her lips moved non-stop. She was saying something, but it never reached Gauri's ears.

Alarmed, the new bride turned around. There was no one behind her. She was all alone in the room. But the pressure on her left shoulder increased, and with shaking entrails, she once again faced the window. The woman was still present in the reflection, an urgency marred her features as she shook her head negatively.

The disturbing sight ripped a cry from Gauri's throat, making her stumble and collide against someone.

Before she could've turned to catch the reason for her shock, a clawed arm emerged from the midair and reaches for her throat.

Waking with a garbled scream, Gauri scratched at her neck. A cough broke from her chest and she heaved breathlessly. The security of bed covers turned suffocating, and she threw them away. Her eyes immediately fell on the closed windows and she gulped. In the next moment, she was on her feet to cover the glass pane with curtains.