Episode XXIII- Wounded Beast

"Wild

"Wild

Nonchalant

Assertive

A monster wanders the land after midnight. His appearance is so frightening that it might send the heart of bravest man into overdrive with a single glance. A prodigal beast who otherwise stays hidden emerges from the depths of a troubled mind when influenced by the mistress of midnight- the moon. He wasn't turned or born but cursed to become deadly after a scorned backstabber betrayed an innocent womb. A lost soul weeping in a strange world where humans were considered prime species. He is the spirit of an unborn who died in pain in the womb of a vengeful mother.

He is a tale told to children. He is a primeval enigma dissolving and roaring into the ossein of a sinner. He is the first of his time yet an ancient kind. He hungers for flesh and blood and like a pharaoh, rides evil to cut this grey world.

With claws so sharp he tears into the skin of his prey to grab a precious jewel. With muscular legs and long feet, he runs faster than the air, measuring the area of his territory. With arms so thick, he unroots trees and lives that block his way. With the musky scent of his pores, he marks the boundary around his home. Those who enter unannounced had to pay a grand penalty. His eyes provide a clear sight even in the darkest trenches and neck of the woodland. His nose is highly sensitive for it could smell your fear from miles away. He can smell your blood, your disease, your virtue, and your lies. His ears remain erect and alert to sense the tiniest vibrations emitting from the ground or the cries of innocence carried through the air from miles. He hears it all and waits in shade to reveal his form. He is the true king of this jungle and has learned every corner throughout the years.

The stories of ancestors proclaim he is the hunter who can be hunted on the nights of the full moon when he is most powerful and deranged at the same time. His carnal desires and instincts fog his intelligence."

The oldest in the small hunting party explains as they enter the forest fully armed, light on their feet.

Sub Inspector Radhika and a terrorized Vikram, who are investigating Rekha's murder, quietly follow the team and listen to the stories. The small group of 8 men was local and had deep knowledge about the incidents occurring in small villages surrounding the thick forest. They've heard it- the howls of a lone wolf on many nights but didn't bother to disturb his territory because of previous failed ventures, where the entire party was found mangled and dead, rotting in a pool of dried blood and vultures.

Hiring a hunting team of willing and daring men was not easy. Everyone was scared of touching this project until a cluster of loons assembled in front of the police station and demanded a handsome price for the job. She could not say no because this was a life-threatening situation.

Vikram Singh failed to understand the reason behind his presence in the dreaded area where people are scared to walk even in daylight. He wanted nothing but to return to the safety of his covers in a peaceful home. If his wife came to know about it, she would kill him anyway.