Episode LXV~ Tormented Soul.

Rajyavardhan sat quietly as he watched Narayan Das meditating in the study at Rajwada Palace. All the saint's disciples and Raghuveer were still sitting beside Havan Kund in the Chandra Mahal whereas a possessed Vasundhara remained trapped in the circle.

Anxious and nervous, Rajyavardhan had removed the governing façade long ago. He sat on his leather chair with his knee bouncing and smoking a pipe. Tension gnawed at his conscience. Fear of losing it all evaded his mind several times. The supernatural he registered in his home has strengthened his belief in God. The evidence regarding the existence of the Ghost has left him sick. His limbs trembled with cold, whereas, his skin shined beneath a sheen of sweat due to rising blood pressure.

The world around him felt jumbled and unreal.

He was ready to conclude it as a nightmare, but the presence of a saint has put a damper on it.

For the past half an hour, the saint hasn't moved from his position on the carpet. He was sitting in a meditating mudra, facing away from the King.

Just as Rajyavardhan thought he would go crazy under so much pressure, the saint opened his eyes and turned towards the King wearing a gentle smile. The mere sight fills Rajyavardhan's heart with hope. Maybe he has found a solution. His face was glowing with an extraordinary divinity. Standing from his position, he gestured at the King.

"Your Majesty, I hope you are ready to clean the mess on your grounds."

Rajyavardhan stood on his feet before tossing the pipe away and tried to remove the accumulating smoke by fanning his hands around. It was comical how a six-foot monarch tried to diffuse the proof of his bad habit in front of a five-foot wanderer. He wasn't expecting the saint to address him so soon.

"Yes, yes. Whatever it takes." Rajyavardhan said as he rushed to open the windows.

The saint nodded before lifting his rosemary and a small vessel filled with holy water from the river Ganga.

"We must go to the site of burial and retrieve Mandakini's body for a proper cremation following Hindu norms. She needs to be freed from the ties keeping her in the mortal world. The witch must have dug up her body to summon her as such. After that, we will finally conduct the Exorcism and guide Vasundhara's wandering soul to its original home."

Rajyavardhan quickly nodded and marched towards the door.

"Kindly follow me, Guruji."

It was midnight when the engine of the Acura Integra came to life and took the passengers towards a lonely and hauntingly silent cemetery. Karan Singh and three of Rajyavardhan's bodyguards were ordered to follow despite their reluctance to join this surprise late-night venture at the burial grounds.