Episode LVIII- Alive

Instincts kicked in after a moment of shock.

Heartbeats stuttered before rising to a fierce octave.

Vasundhara yelped as her foot slipped on the tiles and she landed into the deeper side of the cold pool. Her hydrophobia instantly kicks in. The fear never let her learn to swim in the past. Like a hummingbird, she rapidly flaps her limbs and kicks mindlessly in the water as her body begins to sink. Her head dips in for a second, instilling newfound dread and she starts screaming for help.

"Raghuveer..."

She bellowed, slowly getting tangled in the mess of her sari.

"Help."

The Prince didn't move. His limbs remained frozen. A part of his mind screamed, rest stayed numb. It felt as if invisible walls were closing on him, as if lead had filled his legs, disabling him from taking the next step. He felt nauseous and sick, ready to pass out, only her screams didn't let him. His brain screamed to act but his body refused to follow the command as if was being held back by a foreign force that only he felt and nobody saw.

He opened his mouth to yell but failed once again. Whatever dark magic it was, it turned him into a breathing stone and he helplessly watched from the shore.

"Help, Raghuveer." Vasundhara's screams made his ears bleed. It was an out-of-body experience as he begged his muscles to move, but they didn't.

"Ahhhh...." He lets out an ear-splitting scream of frustration of his own.

The bun she had adorned with red roses in the evening came undone, and her long tresses swam all around her. Losing the fight and feeling a burning ache in her limbs, she started to sink deeper. The water entered her mouth and rapidly made its way to her throat. Bubbles erupted from her mouth as it finally broke into her chest, blocking the leftover oxygen in the lungs. Her eyes burn with chloroform and the tip of her left foot touches the pool floor.

The lights of the Chandra Mahal went out and the moon in the sky underwent a total eclipse.

Spirit, o' Spirit of light,

I summon you one last time,

To wage a war in your honour,

For truth and love, and boundless horror.

There's a way, I have found,

In dark magic, in a spell of hell hound.