Episode XLVIII~ Victory

The witch moves like ripples of a wild river, her feet thumping on the ground, giving birth to clouds of dust

The witch moves like ripples of a wild river, her feet thumping on the ground, giving birth to clouds of dust. Her chest fell and rose with speed and exertion and hands drew invisible patterns in the air. Unholy chants filtered from her wicked mouth, with rotten ideas riding her treacherous brain. Lost in a trance, inspired by poisonous motives, she digs her nails into the soft belly of a dead rabbit before pulling its entrails out and offering them to the ravenous fire crackling in front of her.

The vision of destroying this sinful family shines brightly in her sunken eyes.

She can taste it, the sweet revenge of a broken female at the back of her tongue.

The fire raises high with pops and gurgles, devouring what she had to offer and in return supplied strength to her weapon- the demon she summoned to accomplish her goal. The louder her mantras became, the stronger the darkness prevailed. It was pushing the monstrosity to shake the roots of light to fulfill a mortal's dream.

After sacrificing meat, the witch cuts her wrist with a dagger and lets the crimson drops drip into the fire. Her eyes slowly rolled at the back of her skull, lifting the dam for evil and chaos.

All this while, the remorseful eyes of Mandakini watch the ritual unblinking. The ghost was no longer hiding beneath the ugly and scary mask that personified her as a malevolent entity. She was the very image of a vulnerable soul that suffered so much before her last breath. In the background setting of unholy, she stood as the mistress of light, her emerald eyes shining with tears of morose and pain. Her pale skin took the heat of the sizzling fire and her long hair flowed down her back. The white dress covering her modesty reflected the state of her heart.

When the witch sensed her presence, she grinned wide with a hint of devil in her eyes.

"Welcome, my princess." The cunning enchantress announced before pulling her arm away from the fire.

"It has been a long time since you showed yourself. Now when you have decided to come, let me shower you with the news of the great victory. The old king has reached the doors of death, barely holding the thread of life. His pitiful wife mourns him, now losing all hopes of ever getting him back. His son suffers in shadows, fighting the curse latching on his soul, slowly dragging him on the path towards hell. A beautiful sinner. As for the new addition to the family, the second daughter-in-law, she will soon achieve the same fate as the first one. An eternal afterlife of misery at the hands of a demon. Nobody will hear her cries or save her from a dreadful fate. In the end, there won't be a womb to carry the legacy of people who snatched you from me.

The war I vowed to bring is about to accomplish the conclusion. I have changed the fates of these people. I have written their destiny and pushed them into the arms of abolition. Their souls will never be born again and devoured by malicious creatures of underworld.

I have brought you justice."

The prideful tone of the hateful occultist made Mandakini's lips quiver. Her eyes shredded with tears of agony. The beauty that once made powerful men feel weak in their knees returns with full force as the hate in her heart simmers for a moment at the thought of her son. The love she holds for him is more dominant than the animosity she carries for her lover.