Episode L- The Great Change

Speechless

Speechless

Torn

Apprehensive

Vasundhara stood at the verandah of Chitrakoot Palace as she watched the servants carrying bags full of necessities toward a line of cars and locking them in the trunk. Her son was busy instructing the ambulance motorist and medical practitioners about the recent development in the plot whereas her daughter-in-law was seeing to the packed bags.

The entire fort has been on its toes since the royal couple arrived at the break of dawn and started throwing orders back and forth. After the storm halted, Vasundhara stayed vigilant the entire night in apprehension as Yagya and Gauri were nowhere to be seen. They simply disappeared in the middle of the night. She had ordered the security to circle the parameter and search until they were found.

The atmosphere was tense, and none uttered a word. The residents of the fort didn't sleep all night, eager to hear if anybody caught a sign of their King and his new bride.

Only when the duo entered in the morning through the front doors, they all took a relieved breath.

Yagya looked extremely fatigued whereas Gauri looked sick.

The air of confidence which always surround her was missing.

A furious Vasundhara started scolding them and in place of paying it any mind, both her children hugged her tight before announcing their decision of visiting the ancestral mansion in the neighboring city under the cover of finding good Ayurvedic doctors there, who've claimed about herbs which might improve Raghuveer's condition.

A clueless Vasundhara instantly obliged. She would do anything to save her dying husband.

From the verandah, she watched two nurses wheeling an unconscious Raghuveer towards the ambulance and with the help of servants, gently transferred him into the vehicle. Yagya checked everything thrice before giving the doctors a green signal. They were ready to depart.

"Mother, everything is ready. I had a word with the palace staff and managers about the maintenance of the fort. Now, Gauri and you must leave together, and I shall accompany father in the ambulance."

Vasundhara nodded at her son and called for Gauri, who emerged from the palace, lightly swaying on her feet.

"Are you alright, my dear?"

Vasundhara queried holding her elbow and she nodded gloomily.

"I am fine, mother. It's just, last night none of us were able to catch any sleep." She weakly replied and a bunch of maids lurking near the stairs giggled and whispered among themselves. Vasundhara pursed her lips and nodded blankly, unable to decipher the true meaning behind those words.

"Alright, let's go. You can rest once we reach our new abode. It is not as grand as the Rana fort, but it is comfortable. I'm sure you will love it there. It's only a three-hour journey." Vasundhara soothed before guiding her daughter-in-law towards the awaiting Rover.