Episode XXXIII~ Unholy Pyre

Yagya snapped into reality when the beast inside him purred feeling the supple curves and heavy bosoms heaving against his naked flesh

Yagya snapped into reality when the beast inside him purred feeling the supple curves and heavy bosoms heaving against his naked flesh. Saliva pooled at the back of his mouth and his body started to heat with erupting arousal. Disgust filled him and he slowly pushes her away.

The animal only knew the lust and the way of claiming his territory. He did not care for the feelings of an innocent girl.

As he stepped back, he shattered the warm cocoon filled with armistice and affection surrounding them. Cold evaded Gauri's bones and she shuddered, suppressing the desire to whimper at supposed rejection. As she schools her expression into neutral as opposed to the raising insecurities inside her mind, she sees him entering the closet and start dressing for the day, throwing the hint that they have reached the end of this conversation. Nodding at his cold demeanor and wearing a bitter smile, she turns to leave.

"I'll prepare breakfast."

"Don't, we have an important meeting today with some foreign investors. I must leave right now and will probably return by tomorrow."

That single sentence crushed little hope and bubbling excitement in her heart. If he didn't return before evening, how will she open her fast? The festival was about them as a couple and of all the days he chose today to stay away!

"You must return before evening. It is Karwa Chauth." She urged in a strong voice and he stilled in the middle of buttoning his shirt. His shoulder-length hair still wet from the shower dripped damp trails down his broad back. Yagya clenched his jaw and faced her with stormy eyes, one which screamed at her to back off. He has given her a part of him, a hand, she shouldn't expect him to bloody roll in her lap.

"This meeting is more important than your stupid rituals. I have already postponed it twice because of odd circumstances. One more delay and they'll present this contract to the rival company. Don't wait up for me and figure something out."

Every word coming from his mouth felt like a silent slap. Fury rode her head and rolled down her regal frame in tons, she cuts the distance between them in two long strides and held his collar. The fingers of her other hand curled inside the thick beard on his chin.

"I don't care what you do or how you manage to reach home before the moon sets. I'll be waiting on the terrace and if you didn't arrive on time, I will jump from the roof." She gritted in a no-nonsense tone and he stared back speechless with a hanging jaw and wide-open eyes.

Oh, he could try! She sassed in her mind. He could try and build a wall between them and remind her of the space and boundaries which thrive in this relationship. She will let him have his peace but at the end of the day, Gauri wouldn't back away from reminding him how she is lawfully wedded and holds more power than any other person in his life. He was hers, no pun intended. Not after that beastly show and forced marriage.