Episode LXVII~ In my Love Story

(A/N: Since I have no valentine, I propose to you all, my dear readers via this chapters

(A/N: Since I have no valentine, I propose to you all, my dear readers via this chapters. Thank you for being there and loving this story.

Second, I wish you all on the occasion of Basant Panchami. May Maa Saraswati bless us with mindfulness and knowledge to achieve our dreams.)

 "If you don't have the heart of a lion, never walk on the path of love."

The blatant words were uttered loud and clear on the telephone. Gauri couldn't help but shiver at the lingering augury. Her hold on the receiver tightens and she bites her lip.

"Grandma, I don't know what to do. He is a good man and takes care of me. But there is also a side of him, I do not trust. To be with him, I have to accept that side as well no matter the darkness and danger. As I dig deeper in search of truth, I find myself getting entangled in a web. I wish to forsake everything and return, but invisible shackles are rooting me to a blasphemous spot."

As she expressed her dilemma, tears cascaded down her cheeks. When Sumitra heard the sniffling of her dearest granddaughter, her heart curled in worry.

"Has he hurt you in any way?" The old woman demanded raising the hackles of eavesdropping Rukmani and Kishan.

A moment of silence passed.

"No."

Sumitra sighs in relief and leans back in her chair, feeling emotionally weary.

"Then you must not fret. Focus on the side that has won your heart while keeping an eye on the side that has left you rattled. You say a part of him is dangerous. I might not know the entire truth, for you've chosen to keep the details of your home behind curtains. As a woman who has both seen and walked through the darkness of the world, I won't ask you to walk hand in hand with iniquity. Because that changes you completely and steals what makes you different from others. You may love the King as his wife but do not submit in front of the atrocious edge as a Queen. Fight against what isn't right for your home and hearth. Never endure something that threatens your future.

If it is a tug of war-between stability and insanity, you must remember which side to play for.

The part of him, that makes you feel so depressed, shouldn't be encouraged or you'll never be happy and will always remain insecure. It can drive the sanest minds into a frenzy.

As a woman, I expect you to stand your ground undeterred.

Everybody has flaws, but if those flaws become a hindrance in the grand scheme of a beautiful fate, walk away. Your heart won't break then, I promise. You deserve all the happiness in the world. You shouldn't sacrifice them for anything. You deserve better. Just stay strong."

"Hmm..." Gauri mumbles, feeling more confused than ever. Maybe she should explain the problem properly. But then the cat will be out of the bag and she can't risk Yagya falling into more trouble when they were already submerged knee-deep.