Episode XL~ Miss. Stubborn V/S Mr. Rude

Gauri wipes her unstoppable tears to forget about the man who has stolen her hope of being happy

Gauri wipes her unstoppable tears to forget about the man who has stolen her hope of being happy. Her dear husband has once again proven how the walls between them will remain high. That there weren't two but three in this relationship. Her, him, and his past.

When her thoughts started becoming darker and hurtful, she decided to leave the confines of her bed and move to a couch near the window with the journal of Rajyavardhan Rana in her hands. Anything which might help her forget the very words that went through her heart like a dagger.

'The tension in the study could be cut using a thick blade. Where I was settled behind the large desk with a glass of whisky in front of me, he was standing stubbornly with his hands folded on his chest beside a chair, refusing to sit and give my words a thought. It was a defensive position for both of us.

The chatter had started with light talks about business followed by a cheerful shot over recent success attained in the south within such a short period. I was congratulating him when he touched on the sensitive subject of the woman he brought home. And just like that, things went south.

The confession of an undying love coming from my son's mouth surprised me and let me tell you this- I am not easily surprised. I thought the tune of Mandakini will grow old in a few days and he will move on but things were serious. That woman had him wrapped around her fingers.

"I will never accept this union, Raghuveer. You don't love her but simply pity her for what she went through. You have a kind heart, my boy, and that woman is taking advantage of it."

"Her name is Mandakini." He gritted, refraining from raising his voice in front of me. If it had been any other man, he would've dismantled them by now and tossed their bones in The Indian Ocean. But I was his father and somewhere my acceptance of this relationship mattered to him. He might fight over being with her but wouldn't marry her without my approval. And this was the only reason why he was civilly trying to make me understand rather than throwing a tantrum.

"It doesn't matter. Mandakini is a broken woman. I had a background check on her. She was sold to Surya Narayan for maintaining the wealth of a selfish paternal household. Since then, the damned girl has been used like a brood and mare, doing explicit things to gain favors for her corrupted husband. I am aware she was forced but after going through trauma for a long time, there is no saving. Even the bravest hearts drop their weapons in front of never-ending darkness. She was but a girl."

"She doesn't need saving, father. Trust me, she only needs to be found and appreciated for who she is!"

"Why can't you see that she is toxic and you've just got to know her? Stop praising her like a tipsy canary."

Raghuveer leans forward to ram his clenched fist on the table and looked me in the eyes.

"Father, that woman has gone through hell and still manages to be an angel."