Episode XXX- A Notorious Prince

Her intellect was numb and lost, her emotions were mauled and ripped, and her body was a canvas of bruises and scratches

Chanda, a young handmaiden in her 20s, wipes the blood and fluids oozing from Mandakini's body with a gentle touch. A little pressure disgorged lamentable whimpers that shattered the heart of the young maid again. Pouring warm water on the sun-kissed flesh, she dabbed the wetness with a thick towel and collected a first-aid kit from the cabinet of a grand bathroom.

A sharp hiss follows the stench of disinfectant, as it burned the brutal bitemarks littered on her shoulders and neck.

"He is an animal!" Chanda exclaimed with moist eyes and Mandakini gulps her tears, still, a rebellious one escaped from the corner of her right eye and fell on the white tile with a squelch. She didn't bother replying for her bleeding lips were too sore to move.

Surya Narayan forced himself on her again and this time, he was far from gentle. He was watching her and Raghuveer through the camera in her cabin all the time. Although there was no sound, he understood what the young duo was conversing about, and during interrogation, when he caught her lie, he lost his cool and attacked her. Her backside was littered with welts of a leather belt.

Chanda rubbed antiseptic cream on her flesh and covered her body with warm nightwear. Supporting her swaying frame to the bed, Chanda slowly laid the broken beauty and covered her with duet till her neck. Mandakini's eyes rolled, her lids exhausted from the struggle, but the mind refused to give in for she was lying in the very bed where he had exploited her body a hundred times before. Chanda sobbed quietly watching the poor girl's face scrunching in pain as she burned with fever. She has already taken two painkillers, and their effect will knock her out soon.

Hopefully, all her physical agony disappears when she wakes up the next morning, but that was a fool's wish.

Chanda shared a strange relationship with Mandakini ever since she was brought into the residence of the Shivanad. The young maid was appointed as personal help to the new bride of the old man and soon the two became best friends. Where Mandakini saw Chanda as a companion, a friend, and a caretaker, Chanda felt deeper. She wanted to whisk her away and settle where these cruel monsters can't reach them.

Once Mandakini's eyes closed, Chanda kissed her forehead, her lips lingering longer than normal and then they lightly descended on her mouth, kissing those bruised lips before backing away. Light snores rang in the room and Chanda smiled sadly. Her heart aches to kiss all her wounds. She wanted to beat Surya green and blue for hurting her best friend like this all the time, but she couldn't for she was a paid slave who danced on their fingertips.

The young maid especially hated the man behind today's assault.

That Raghuveer, Mandakini's new partner.