Chapter 18

•LATER IN THE NIGHT•

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

"Coming!" Felix said as he rushed to open the door. "BINNIE! Hi!"

"Hi Lix. Are you ready?" Changbin asked.

"Yes! I just have to grab a coat."

"It's okay, I brought an extra one if you want to wear it!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Lix. It might be a little big but it should keep you warm." Changbin said, undoing the jacket that was draped over his arm, handing it to Felix.

"T- thank you." Felix said as he took hold of the jacket and draped it over his arm.

"Mm-hm. Well, we should get going. It's getting late and I don't have much time."

"What's that supposed to mean!?" Felix said as he stepped out of his room, closing and locking the door behind himself.

"You'll see." Changbin simply responded.

The two boys began their walk to Silver Lake, talking about small things. Felix would bring up "side-effects" of becoming a vampire, like his heightened emotions, his ability to hone in on sounds, his speed, and his strength. He talked about having to deal with storing donor blood in a mini fridge in his bedroom, and trying not to listen to the heart beats of people around him. Now, Changbin on the other had barely talked. He listened to the best of his ability, but he felt things changing. He knew he'd be able to fight for a bit longer, but once the two got to silver lake, he wouldn't have much time to explain what to do to Felix.

What felt like forever ended up being around a twenty to twenty-five minute walk to silver lake. Once they arrived, Changbin immediately began to focus on what he needed to do. He took off his jacket and shoes while Felix was in awe of the moonlight scenery.

"It's so beautiful tonight! And the moon is full t-"

"Felix come here." Changbin said with a raspy, hurried tone.

"I- what are you- nevermind. What do you need?"

"Hold these." Changbin said as he handed Felix a change of clothes, his jacket, and his shoes.

"Okay. What now?"

"We wait. Well, you wait while I go suffer for like two minutes behind that tree." Changbin said as he pointed towards an oddly large trunked tree.

"Wait, what do you mean suffer!?" Felix said, quickly setting the items he was holding down on the ground beside him.

"I wish I had time to explain but I don't. What I need you to do is just sit here and wait, and no matter what you hear or see, do NOT move, okay?"

"O- okay."

"I'm gonna go hide behind the tree now." Changbin said as he hurried behind the tree as he held firmly onto his wrist, trying not to show any signs that he was hurting.

Once Changbin reacted the tree, he leaned his back against it, taking a couple deep breaths before getting onto his knees. His bones began to crack, making him hiss in pain. He's done this for years, but no matter what, it still hurt like hell. When the males back arched up and cracked, it caused him to yell out in pain.