Chapter 21: Dick Grayson

After Joker died and Harley was locked up in Arkham, I fell into another state of numb, and this time it didn't have any faked parts. I had accomplished my goal, but now I just felt the ache in my chest and the loneliness from missing Jason, and now I had nothing to focus on. I was still able to function, but it was getting harder to do anything more than just exist, or to have any sort of goals again. 

I think Alfred must have noticed my decline in my mental health, because he called in a wakeup call for me. Literally.

"Rise and shine, sleepy head!" I hear an obnoxious voice say as the being it was attached to jumped into my bed and rolled on top of me. On reflex, I rolled with them and kicked into their torso hard, throwing them off the bed.

"Get out." I say with a glare, looking over at Dick who is groaning on the ground as he gingerly gets back up.

"Note to self, don't tackle Ana in bed." Dick mumbles to himself as he dusts himself off. "Alright, get up and get dressed, we're going out!"

"Pass." I say bluntly to him, rolling over and ignoring him.

"Oh, come on Ana, I have a whole day planned." He whined at me. "Get in the shower! Let's go!"

"Why?" I whine back to him as he physically drags me out of bed. "Put me down, butt head!"

"Make me-" He starts to say challengingly, but had I already got myself out of his grip and dropped to the floor in a crouch. "Oh, that was effective." He says to himself, then grabs me again quickly and holds me firmer. I struggle and squirm to break from his hold, but he's too strong. He tosses me into the shower and turns it on.

"Jerk!" I yell at him as the cold water hits me. "I would have taken my own shower in like ten minutes, you ass! I wake up early!"

"Oh... I didn't know that, sorry. Well, get clean and dress cute, I'll meet you downstairs." He says cheerily as he exits the room. I glare at the door where he was for a moment before stripping off my soaking wet pajamas and throwing them into the basket. 

I shower quickly and get dressed, wondering what the hell has the human puppy so excited about today. It is nice to see him, I just would have preferred to see him while awake, and not being thrown into a shower. 

I change into a dark teal strappy top and tight black jeans, and throw a lightweight jacket on over it. I blow dry my shoulder length hair, and am still running my hands through it tiredly as I walk downstairs to the kitchen. I'm not as much of a fan of it longer like this, it gets in my way when I'm Nightingale.

 I'm not as much of a fan of it longer like this, it gets in my way when I'm Nightingale

"Aww, you look adorable!" Dick says cheerily as he takes in my appearance. His energy level is too much so early in the morning. I ignore him and walk over to Alfred, who seems to be on my wavelength as he gives Dick a dry look while handing me my morning tea and a light breakfast. I thank the old man politely as I go to sit at the table with Dick.